Fbomb

Vinyl roller made easy!

Just thought I'd share this with you guys...It made my life easier. I keep forgetting to post this, but just remembered, it's nothing mind blowing but will make your daily routine easier!

You know the rollers that hold, spin and feed the vinyl into the cutter...Well, you know the sliding disc that keeps the vinyl in place back there...I got tired of moving the rubber grommet back and forth trying to get it just right when using different size rolls...I picked up some small plastic clamps at the dollar store and use one of them to clamp the disc in place where I need it. I put the grommet at the very end so when I use a full width roll, it's all ready set.

I know it doesn't seem like much, but it really makes things easier!

I threw mine back in the box.   I believe even Ken stated that they aren't really for anything.

I figure it helps the tracking on big graphics.

Great Idea.  I don't have mine anymore but I think I'll find something else.

Gary

You could probably just use the clamp to steady the roll...

I've got an LP36, and I have both of my "roller guides" (what every you want to call them..) in place.

It took a little time to set them, but I hardly move them at all, and when I do, I only move one.  :-

Anyone know if the MH871 should have come with these rollers? I've wondered why there isn't something to keep the vinyl from moving across the rollers. I have some issues with tracking sometimes....I guess I need to find some of these somewhere....Sandy

my pcut did not come with any of these either. I have a big problem with tracking on long graphics any way to fix this?

Renee

my pcut did not come with any of these either. I have a big problem with tracking on long graphics any way to fix this?

Renee

Practice aligning the vinyl accurately.  I pull the vinyl out slowly with the pinch rollers up and watch it along the 1cm line.  When it seems like I am pulling fairly straight, I freeze and put the rollers down with one hand.  Then I run out a bit to see how it is tracking.  It also helps on long graphics to just run out the total length to see how far you are off at the end.

Guest kenya

Just thought I'd share this with you guys...It made my life easier. I keep forgetting to post this, but just remembered, it's nothing mind blowing but will make your daily routine easier!

You know the rollers that hold, spin and feed the vinyl into the cutter...Well, you know the sliding disc that keeps the vinyl in place back there...I got tired of moving the rubber grommet back and forth trying to get it just right when using different size rolls...I picked up some small plastic clamps at the dollar store and use one of them to clamp the disc in place where I need it. I put the grommet at the very end so when I use a full width roll, it's all ready set.

How can it get any easier than it's intended to be?

Put the sliding disc on the roller bar, then put the rubber o-ring over that until it seats in the groove.

You can easily move the sliding disc back & forth. The o-ring puts just enough pressure on it to keep it from moving

needlessly. 

Here's a photo. 

Edit: This is on my pcut, I don't know if any of the others look like this.

post-0-1298653685812_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298653687975_thumb.jpg

How can it get any easier than it's intended to be?

Put the sliding disc on the roller bar, then put the rubber o-ring over that until it seats in the groove.

You can easily move the sliding disc back & forth. The o-ring puts just enough pressure on it to keep it from moving

needlessly. 

Here's a photo. 

Edit: This is on my pcut, I don't know if any of the others look like this.

My pcut did not come with anything like that. I got the cutter with stand and there were no leftover parts after we finally figured out with the help from people here how to put the stand together lol. My roll of vinyl just sits on top of the rollers and does ok, I think I figured out that I just simply cant do long runs with this cutter, that the only time it really goes off track and since I cut as close to edge as possible so I dont waste any vinyl its a big problem for me if it does go off track.

Renee

I removed mine from the rollers. When the right one is in place it put the vinyl to far left to be able to cut clear up to the edge on the left side with out bumping the red kill switch.

With the rollers off I can use 23.9" of vinyl versus about 23. Also I made a cut 12' long 23.5 high and didn't have a problem with tracking at all. I followed Bigjohns advice on pulling out the entire length of vinyl you need prior to the cut and running it back and forth until the run is straight as an arrow.

kevin

I've tried running just short lengths of vinyl and always end really off.

I was just trying, haven't had to cut nothing to long so far, but just out of curiosity.

You actually did this, right? Why not post a pic?

Guest sciondrgn

I dont use them on my pcut.. I just did six 23x95 inch cuts on 24" media without any tracking problems