Sign in to follow this  
aries58

Hang it up..

Looks like I might as well hang this craft project up.I can get nothing to do what it is suppose to do.I am trying to get this In memory of decal done and either it is missing something or i can weed it.I tried weeding 2 cuts and they both are in trash.WTF am I doin wrong.I am ready to toss everything out the window and down the mountains and sit and watch how far it rolls..Here is what I am trying to doposting jpg of what i am trying to achieve ...with John 1921 - 2008    Dollie 1924 - 2001 in this design..

post-3934-1298653291777_thumb.jpg

post-3934-12986532925692_thumb.jpg

Guest fivestar

Post the .eps file.  That should be a very easy decal to do.  How big are you making it?

Post the .eps file.  That should be a very easy decal to do.  How big are you making it?

I don't have it in eps.I import to sb monochrome then vector I add my text to it in sb and cut it 4x6 and i can't get text to weed i lose all text when weeding..

Guest fivestar

In Sign Blazer either save as .eps or export as .eps I don't have Sign Blazer so I can't open a .sb file.

what part are you having trouble with? :thumbsup:

Can you make that one cuttable with the info i posted?

Also if you are having that much trouble weeding, you may need to adjust a little more pressure or the blade out a tiny bit, it sounds as if you are not getting the cut all the way through or something.

When weeding, peel the vinyl back over itself at a steep angle, go slowly and if you see any corners start to lift you can use a tweesers or xacto knife to press it back down and continue going.

I have been frustrated to...I nkow its difficult but KEEP AT IT, you will get it working!

Also if you are having that much trouble weeding, you may need to adjust a little more pressure or the blade out a tiny bit, it sounds as if you are not getting the cut all the way through or something.

When weeding, peel the vinyl back over itself at a steep angle, go slowly and if you see any corners start to lift you can use a tweesers or xacto knife to press it back down and continue going.

I have been frustrated to...I nkow its difficult but KEEP AT IT, you will get it working!

The cutting seems to be ok,its the small text i can't get it to weed right.I lose all text when i weed it,i even cut the text in sectios to try weeding still lost text.

In Sign Blazer either save as .eps or export as .eps I don't have Sign Blazer so I can't open a .sb file.

Try and export it as stated above, I'll do my best to get you something usable. It takes practice and small text can be the most difficult thing to weed. Try to make the text bigger and work your way down to a smaller size a step at a time. Change the type of font to something more user friendly. I know it can be frustrating, I've wasted a lot of vinyl when I first tried (I don't think there isn't anyone on here who hasn't). When I really got frustrated I walked away for a while, then came back with a fresh attitude and tried again.

You can do this.

Try and export it as stated above, I'll do my best to get you something usable. It takes practice and small text can be the most difficult thing to weed. Try to make the text bigger and work your way down to a smaller size a step at a time. Change the type of font to something more user friendly. I know it can be frustrating, I've wasted a lot of vinyl when I first tried (I don't think there isn't anyone on here who hasn't). When I really got frustrated I walked away for a while, then came back with a fresh attitude and tried again.

You can do this.

I like the text in jpg post above.Thanks

Looks like I might as well hang this craft project up.I can get nothing to do what it is suppose to do.I am trying to get this In memory of decal done and either it is missing something or i can weed it.I tried weeding 2 cuts and they both are in trash.WTF am I doin wrong.I am ready to toss everything out the window and down the mountains and sit and watch how far it rolls..Here is what I am trying to doposting jpg of what i am trying to achieve ...with John 1921 - 2008    Dollie 1924 - 2001 in this design..

I SAVE THE FILE OF WHAT I WANTED TO EPS IMPORTED IT TO SB,ADDED TEXT CUT AND ALL WAS IN THE EPS BUT MY TEXT.i THOUGHT WHEN I ADD TEXT IN SB IT IS AUTO EPS?I SAVE IT AND HERE IT IS POSTED

myeps.EPS

myeps.EPS

I have a question for you aries58.. What vinyl are you using..? I had a big job one time and it had a lot of small text (less then 1/2 tall) and i use some generic vinyl.. (NEVER AGAIN) and it did the same thing you are talking about.. so I got oracal 651  :thumbsup: and had no problems..with the small text.. plus oracal has the best adhesive in the market and i like the backing paper...

it's all about the vinyl.... just my 2 cents

I have a question for you aries58.. What vinyl are you using..? I had a big job one time and it had a lot of small text (less then 1/2 tall) and i use some generic vinyl.. (NEVER AGAIN) and it did the same thing you are talking about.. so I got oracal 651  :thumbsup: and had no problems..with the small text.. plus oracal has the best adhesive in the market and i like the backing paper...

oracle 651 from signblazer.My problem is vectroizing,weeding cutting is fine..Thanks for reply

Aries... I would strong suggest using Inkscape or any other program to vectorize image instead of SignBlazer.

Aries... I would strong suggest using Inkscape or any other program to vectorize image instead of SignBlazer.

I do use inkscape,but what i am having problems with is how to remove text from a vector or jpg and add my text and keep it vector?

If you need to delete text, try using the node edit tool in Inkscape..,

I'd suggest adding the font to your image in SignBlazer, and it will already be "vectorized"(so to speak), and ready to cut.

oracle 651 from signblazer.My problem is vectroizing,weeding cutting is fine..Thanks for reply

Oracal 651 from SignBlazer ..now that is funny , I don't care who you are ... I'm guesing she meant  S**twharehouse  ;D