lynnpromotions

layering t-shirt vinyl?

the best way it to do it at application i put my first color on and only press it for 8 secs and so on til i get tho the last then i got the full 20 sec

I did a two color for my son, I pressed the first layer for the full time, placed the second layer on top and then the teflon sheet and pressed for another 10 sec. and its good to go. I find the design to be very heavy though, I dont like the multi color on tshirts. May be ok for sweat shirts, hoodies etc. Just feels very heavy to me.

Renee

Guest fivestar

I press the first layer for around 3-4 seconds so it don't shrink too much then press the last color for the full time.

I press the first layer for around 3-4 seconds so it don't shrink too much then press the last color for the full time.

So this is the solution to this problem?! I noticed that the bottom layer had shrunk a wee bit and I didnt like it. I will have to try less time the next time I a multi layer design.

Renee

Guest fivestar

It helps, it will still shrink a tiny bit but not as much as pressing it the full time.

I did a two color for my son, I pressed the first layer for the full time, placed the second layer on top and then the teflon sheet and pressed for another 10 sec. and its good to go. I find the design to be very heavy though, I dont like the multi color on tshirts. May be ok for sweat shirts, hoodies etc. Just feels very heavy to me.

Renee

U HAVEN' T TRIED SPECTRA ECO FILM FROM IMPRINTABLES

Renee

No I have only used siser ezweed, I thought that was the lightest vinyl out there. Is ECO Film lighter?

Renee

Guest fivestar

Renee

No I have only used siser ezweed, I thought that was the lightest vinyl out there. Is ECO Film lighter?

Renee

Nope Eco and Easyweed are IDENTICAL

LOL Tory! I know, but all I did was make an "innocent" :) statement...heeheehee!

Seriously though is there a difference between these two vinyls? what about price? If they are similar as Five states and the price is about the same I'm going to stick with siser...lol

Renee

Guest fivestar

LOL Tory! I know, but all I did was make an "innocent" :) statement...heeheehee!

Seriously though is there a difference between these two vinyls? what about price? If they are similar as Five states and the price is about the same I'm going to stick with siser...lol

Renee

Renee, seriously I've got 2 samples here that I pressed, 1 is Siser and 1 is Eco and I will guarantee you couldn't tell which is which. 

Jus messin w ya Five, I got a sample of Siser and they do seem the same. I would use them interchangeably. I know I heard of a vinyl that is supposed to be even lighter, like screened, but I just can't remember the name. If I come across it again I'll let you know.

Guest fivestar

They are almost identical in price.....Ecofilm was a little more expensive the last time I checked.