desertdog10

Double Cutting certain images

I'm using AI and/or Inkscape to Signcut and I've noticed that certain parts of my decals that I design are cutting "double", that is, cutting the same path twice. It's usually not a problem but sometimes the vinyl lifts on the second tme because it's already been cut.  I've narrowed it down to some vectors that I've imported and not text that I've produced in AI/Inkscape.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

-Jeff

I usually get that when I use vectormagic it has an outline of it. I un group it all and delete the outline manually then regroup or compound and it works. Don't know of an easier way sometimes it takes a while for a multi color job.

Sounds like the image/file you are cutting, has multiple layers. Try welding or grouping the image together prior to cutting, and see if that fixes the problem or you could just remove one of the layers.

Which letters is it cutting twice? I'm going to do a test cut and see if I can make it double cut on my machine.

Are you deleting the big box around the wording or leaving it?

I imported the eps file directly into Flexi and didn't have any issues with anything double cutting... it must be something either signcut, inkscape, or illy is adding.

Thanks, Firemalt.  I had deleted the box and put other text around it and just the "HYBRID" double cuts.  Thanks for looking into it.  Must be a Signcut thing..  :-