blownchevyII

Doubling up application tape?

Is it OK if I use 12" and 6" transfer tape to cover a 16" graphic?  There would be about an inch or so overlap.  Is this something I can do or should I avoid doing it?  Thanks!

you can do it I would even use masking tape to hold the two pieces together if it was going to be a wet installation. One thing I noticed is that sometimes you have to press harder to get the decal of the tape and onto the substrate where the tape is overlapped.

if you struggle to remove it from backing paper after you have applied application tape, might sound daft warm it up with a hair dryer before you try and remove it. peels off like a dream x

As Joe said, there are times when it may leave a small line on the vinyl when applied to the substrate... applying it wet will typically take care of that problem, though.

I have done it a bunch, just try, if you can, and not make the splice land on vinyl, if it does, then wet apply if you feel comfortable with that, Also i have never heated it and been just fine, just overlay the masking tape if you can and dont butt the edge and it should work fine.