Sign in to follow this  
ainakeaboy

Irfanview ghostscript

Hey there, I just recieved some compressed vectors and wanted to view them without downloading them into SB . Ok i got Irfanview and dowloaded plugin 4.22 and ran it , successful installation . Now i can view some of the vectors but others get a decode error saying "no preview available, try AFPL ghostscript" ? I thought that is what i downloaded ? Any help on this problem is greatly appreciated . Thanks

Hey there, I just recieved some compressed vectors and wanted to view them without downloading them into SB . Ok i got Irfanview and dowloaded plugin 4.22 and ran it , successful installation . Now i can view some of the vectors but others get a decode error saying "no preview available, try AFPL ghostscript" ? I thought that is what i downloaded ? Any help on this problem is greatly appreciated . Thanks

If they are eps files open sb,then import,then folder you want to see,and wooho you should see the and not have to load them to sb..Hope this helps

I have 215000 files and dont want to import them 1 by 1 . i just want to click on them using irfanview and preview them.It is possible but i think im missing a step for downloading and installing  the ghostscript plug in.

Don't know if this applies to you, but I saw it on another site.  One of the latest Ghostscript downloads is a GPL Ghostscript, instead of AFPL and won't work for your needs.  At least that's what they were discussing, I have no idea.  You might check and see what you downloaded.

I am watching this thread,, as i am in same boat..

MMM

sandy Jo

I have 215000 files and dont want to import them 1 by 1 . i just want to click on them using irfanview and preview them.It is possible but i think im missing a step for downloading and installing  the ghostscript plug in.

You can preview them in photoshop,file,automate,contact sheet and it will load the files to pages for viewing,30 files to 1 sheet,you can even print them..Hope this helps..

I know there are plugins that need to be installed also to see .eps files.

Ok the solution was you have to download ghostscript 8.54 . so you have to get and download irfanview , pllugin 4.22 and then ghostscript plug in . Hope this makes sense .If not email me ill try to help.Thanks