Sign in to follow this  
briansdesigns

help with weeding

Im using sign blazers to cut from, and i was wondering if there was someway to set it so it doesnt weed one big square, cause its reall difficult that way.here is what im trying to weedbriansdesignslogo.jpg

Yes when you slect cutter on the left of the screen is a box that says..easy weed..uncheck it and the box won't be cut.

Geo

Not really , you can make weeding lines around things , but not a weeding line that goes up to the decal , skips the decal & cuts on the other side of the decal .  Signcut is VERY good for that . You can make horizontal & vertical lines anywhere you want .

what if i just draw lines where i want would that work?

I've done this around letting that was tough to weed, I use the snap to feature. A little extra work up front but it made the weeding much easier.

How does the outside line make the weeding more difficult...? Just curious??

X2..:thumbsup:

I think he was meaning one big outside line was harder than having the weeding lines through the center so you could do it in smaller sections.

I tend to grab my xacto knife and make a couple quick ones when I know someting is going to be difficult.

I have a 32" cutter, I only want to make t-shirts and signs for myself but I  cannot figure out how to get the cutter to cut all the way through the vinyl.  Do I have to sit down and cut through the last layer by hand?  I paid almost $400 for this cutter and I didnt know I had to cut by hand.  Please someone help me.  Thanks

I have a 32" cutter, I only want to make t-shirts and signs for myself but I  cannot figure out how to get the cutter to cut all the way through the vinyl.  Do I have to sit down and cut through the last layer by hand?  I paid almost $400 for this cutter and I didnt know I had to cut by hand.  Please someone help me.  Thanks

last layer ? how many pieces of vinly are you trying to cut at the same time. ?

Pressure & blade depth . USCutter Techs suggest 120 grams of pressure & 1/2 of a credit card or less sticking out of the holder for the blade . Test cut until it weeds good . Make sure you have a sharp blade .  :D

last layer ? how many pieces of vinly are you trying to cut at the same time. ?

ROTFLMBO Bud......... :D

Just curious what type cutter is it? Is anyone gonna explain this to our newbie?