Sign in to follow this  
DanRHeller

Error?!?

When I go to cut any files on my LaserPoint I keep getting an error message reading "can not open the output device. Error initializing the cutter."

What is this, how do I fix it?

sounds like 1 or more of the settings is not correct . I can't tell you from memory , so do a search & or look in the SignBlazer section . Comm setting in device manager of the computer & in the SignBlazer software is what I'm guessing is not matched .  :thumbsup:

Do you know how to get to the SignBlazer section on the home page here ?  Go there & the 1rst thread is from Bruce , SignBlazer Support & shows you how . I copied & pasted it below .

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,1602.0.html.

hope that helps , I can't remember & have to reread anytime things start not working right  :thumbsup:

Have you ever had it cutting ? Do you have another cable to try ( defective cable ? ) I would read thru the SB section & wait for somebody with more knowledge than me  :thumbsup:

No, I just hooked this one up. It may be the caple, i'm using the USB one. When I plug it into the cutter, the port has a decent amount of movement, is that normal?(I'd imagine not...)

My cable has alot more slop than I would think is should  , but works fine . Are you using a laptop ? I've read that laptops & usb don't function well together . If you have another computer , try it .

Damnit, I don't have PS/SB/PI on any other comps......The other cable it came with doesn't fit on my laptop...is there an adapter or something?

Not sure , find a post from Ken or Levi & send them a PM . They will know what to do  :thumbsup:

Dan,

I had the same problem. I went on Ebay and found an adapter. You can go to this page - http://computers.shop.ebay.com/items/PC-Components__pcmcia-to-serial_W0QQQ5ftrkparmsZ72Q253A1234Q257C66Q253A2Q257C65Q253A12Q257C39Q253A1QQ_catrefZ1QQ_sacatZ3667QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQ_sopZ15QQ_scZ1 (or search for pcmcia to serial) and find several adapters. Mine took around 10 days to get to me. I think it was drop shipped from overseas. But, it solved all of my laptop/usb compatibility issues.

Charlie

It goes into the pcmcia slot on the side of your computer. They make dozens of different cards for it ( wireless network, cell modems, etc).

Charlie