Sign in to follow this  
MecH

Oracal color swatches for illy, corel, flexi,cadlink, and omega.

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but I thought I would share it. My dad found the swatch files on oracal, and I just got them put into illy cs4, and I personally think its a must have if you use oracal. The swatches are separated by vinyl model (eg. 651, 751, etc.) I personally installed them all, just to have them. Basically its like having the oracal color chart right there in your program, but also, when you are ready to cut it, it shows the color and number of that color (eg. Green 061). Best of all...they are free from oracal :thumbsup: Grab em from here:

http://www.oracal.com/knowledge/oracolor.asp

Note that I only use Illy to design, so for the other software you will have to locate your swatch library directory. But for Illy (and this is for CS4...earlier versions the directory is slightly different, but its still the swatch library directory.)

First go to the link above and click the link to the software that you use, and download the file.

Unzip the file to somewhere convenient (i like the desktop :thumbsup: )

Then you will see all of the different .AI files for the different models of vinyl. (if you only use 651, you may only want to put the 651 file in, up to you.)

Select all of the .AI files you want to install, and copy them (control+c)

Now you have to navigate to your Illy swatch directory:

For CS4 the directory is C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe Illustrator CS4Presetsen_USSwatches

Once in that directory, create a new folder and name it ORACAL or whatever you prefer.

Open that new folder and paste the .AI files into it (control+v)

Now fire up illy, and click WINDOW/SWATCHES your color swatch will pop out on the right...click the button at the top of that window that has the down arrow and 4 horizontal lines beside it...it will drop down a menu.

In that menu, go down to OPEN SWATCH LIBRARY and the sub menu will show, you should see your new ORACAL folder there, in that menu are the oracal color swatches, select the one you want to use, and voila :D

I attached a screenshot of my illy with the 651 swatch out just to show ya.

Hope this helps somebody ;D

Props to Alien (My Fatha) for finding the swatch files  :thumbsup:

post-4029-12986532603779_thumb.jpg

post-4029-12986532616364_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mech.  I am sure this will come in handy for someone totally new to this like me.  This is one more item added to my hugh file of things I have learned here.

Barbara