Sign in to follow this  
tlzimmerman

Got website up and running! First couple designs up.

Hey guys,

Got my website up and going this weekend.....looking for opinions on it.  Store is active in case anyone wants to buy something  ;) LOL.

Its still under construction, and the store is mostly empty, but the basics are there! Let me know what you think.

www.doublezdecals.com

;) Very nice Start! I'm trying to get web building savy so I can start mine. Are you using a certain program?

Randal

I don't build the sites using a program, that is used using whats called a CMS (content management system).  There are several open source projects out there.  If you have no coding or design experience at all, they can be a little difficult to get installed and running correctly, but they are extremely powerful if you take the time to learn and build them.

The one I use is called Joomla, I have built over 20 websites with it.  You are more than welcome to check it out and if anyone has questions they can let me know and I can try to help them.

Looks good... but I keep getting a error message "stack overflow at line: 0"

What browser and what page?  I have tested it in several and have never found errors, but its very possible there are still kinks I need to work out.

Thanks Zimmer....Just did search on Joomla and see that they have a tutorial to get my learning cells working ;) Thanks again and the site looks good on IE.

Yeah I can't recreate the error either.  Firemalt wonder if your flash plugin is having trouble?  There is a flash image scroller on the front page.

Thanks for the comments guys, I am open to suggestions if anything seems confusing or strange to other people, it all makes sense to me but then again......well we won't go there!

Looks good... but I keep getting a error message "stack overflow at line: 0"

Same here Internet Explorer 6 cause I hate 7

Yeah its caused by IE6.....its a java error and something I don't think I am going to be able to work around.

Is the site still usable or does it lock it completely?

I know you are still working on it but here is what I think:

Nice clean design  :thumbsup: easy to the eye. Looks good.

In the store section, instead of only having text links to each category, make it a picture. Maybe choose your favorite Bow Hunting design and put it there with the words Bow Hunting Decals in the photo or under it.

It will be easier and I think it will look good.

Joe

I know you are still working on it but here is what I think:

Nice clean design  :thumbsup: easy to the eye. Looks good.

In the store section, instead of only having text links to each category, make it a picture. Maybe choose your favorite Bow Hunting design and put it there with the words Bow Hunting Decals in the photo or under it.

It will be easier and I think it will look good.

Joe

Yep, thats on my big list too, it has a provision so I can add a picture to those I just haven't done it quite yet...need more designs first!

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming!

Was wondering if any of you guys who were having problems can try again?  I have removed the module that I thought was causing it, and want to check and see now.

I would check myself, but I cannot recreate the error from here :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the compliments!

Never heard back from anyone who was getting the error to make sure its gone.....can anyone confirm that for me?  I am pretty sure its fixed.....but I was also pretty sure that it was working great in all browsers when I started! lol

Looking good. Nice Start. I went to everything without error. I liked your installation instructions. Might want to include a few photos in them. Make the video links more visible. just my 2 cents  ;D:o:angel:

Zimmerman...I like you site Brother...nice and clean.  You say you have built over 20 sites with Joomla...Gearbox Graphics suggested Expression Engine and it looks easier to use than Joomla...your thoughts?

Oh, and...GOD BLESS YOU TOO  :angel:

Dazzel