Sign in to follow this  
robby.

Can't get mh871 to work with computer

I have installed the usb driver but it still doesnt work i have no idea what i am doing i spent a couple hours trying to figure out how to make it work and still got no where (im using sign blazer, windows xp)

what i basically need is step by step insrtuctions what to do

thats what I've been looking for... except my cutter is MH 721

I still can't get my cutter working again.. I 'm getting so fustrated, it was working so good, then my Sign cut program got messed up,  din't want to re-license it so bought Flexi 8.6 and still can't get it to work now I'm trying signblazer  I'm using the LP1 as I did before... any help would be appreciated...

Kris

Windows XP Pro,

so to the US Cutter website. Submit a support ticket with your phone number. Levi is VERY good at logging onto your computer and setting it up.

I have installed the usb driver but it still doesnt work i have no idea what i am doing i spent a couple hours trying to figure out how to make it work and still got no where (im using sign blazer, windows xp)

Robby, and the others, I got mine to work. I just left a post on for Kenimes on the previous posting.

The cutters USB driver conflicts with other USB drivers and port assignments on your pc. Don't uninstall any drivers unless you're experienced at this or the only printing device/Cutter is the only device on your system.

I'm an experienced PC technician, and I still can't get my HP printer to work due to the fact I uninstalled the drivers, loaded the MH-871's driver, then tried re-loading the other printers, and USB devices.

I know this doesn't help anyone, but at least you know what the cause probably is, and can enter a trouble ticket with USCutter as Banner John Suggested.

Paul

Robby, and the others, I got mine to work. I just left a post on for Kenimes on the previous posting.

The cutters USB driver conflicts with other USB drivers and port assignments on your pc. Don't uninstall any drivers unless you're experienced at this or the only printing device/Cutter is the only device on your system.

I'm an experienced PC technician, and I still can't get my HP printer to work due to the fact I uninstalled the drivers, loaded the MH-871's driver, then tried re-loading the other printers, and USB devices.

I know this doesn't help anyone, but at least you know what the cause probably is, and can enter a trouble ticket with USCutter as Banner John Suggested.

Paul

Okay, to make everything work, two printers, UScutter, and generic USB hub, I used the Serial cable that came with our cutters, and connected them to the PC's Serial Port, and assigned it Comm Port 1 in the SignBlazer software. If it doesn't work the first time, use Comm Port 2, most pc's come with two, and they're almost never marked on the back of the pc.

Since the comm port, and the USB ports work at 9600 baud, it didn't make sence to me to force the cutter to work on USB, at least to me anyways. Hope this helps.

got it to work through the serial port thanks alot for your help just made a shread the gnar diecut

No problem Robby, glad you could get it working. What is Shead Gnar Diecut? I'm also new and by reading the post on this forum, I'm learning new things from everyone.

Talk to you later,

Paul