Fbomb

acrylic / plexiglass sheets

Looking for a couple plexi sheets...1/2" or 3/8" thick, 24"x36"...So far, ebay is the only place I found them that thick...Any suggestions to where to source them? I don't think Lowes or HD has them that thick?

I searched and ppl mentioned Grimco, but their website is under construction in areas.

Halp!

Thanks! Any others??? Also, I am on the beast coast, so anything closer would help shipping.

You might try N Glantz & Sons.  The handle a lot of substrates.  The have several offices out east.

FBomb I'm also looking for what I think is plexi or acrylic but can only find it in 4x8 sheets. Isn't there a place that sells office door plaques? It will be placed indoors and on the wood door. What would anyone suggest for something about 8x11? I thought I remembered Core did something a while back but couldn't find anything in the archives.

Check with your local glass shops or you may even have a shop that does work in plastics where your are.

Thanks BK & Imz, I know one that sells the larger sheets.....I'll have to check if they also have the smaller ones. It looks like Sloan might work as well.

Thanks ppls...I went to Lowes and they had the size I needed, but only in 0.220". It was the best pricing I could find... Quarter inch is pretty damn thick, I am waiting to hear back from my client if that'll work. Oh and just a note, Lowes DOES NOT cut acrylic for you...Or at least thats what dude told me...

Sloan has a great color selection! Too bad they don't have different sizes  :thumbsup: I will keep them in mind for future stuff!

you might check out by brand names to find the closest supplier to you. Lexan & Hyzod are major acrylic suppliers. Lexan is pretty much unbreakable, expecially in thickness over 3/8 in. not cheap!!! Plexiglass is cheaper,but is not as strong & will break. Clear is the cheapest, but cost goes up for colors ( gray blk signwhite )If your costumer really wants this kind of materials,let them know the cost involved. (theres much cheaper substrates than acrylic)  This info from a guy in the glassbiz ( me ) 11 yrs. Hope it helps    Norm

Thanks FBomb, I'll check out Lowes too as that is local. Was hoping someone sold dec blanks of different sizes so I wouldn't have to cut them down.

Bulldog - What are the substrates that are cheaper? My local sign supplier didn't mention anything else. Of course, at the time, acrylic is what I asked for so maybe he just didn't deviate. Maybe I'll give them another call Thanks

Most all of your local car audio shops deal with plexi like that, so maybe ask around there. If they don't have it sell to you, they can tell you where they get it.

--Cory

Did you call Sloan's and ask? I think a long time ago they did some custom cutting for me, but I could be wrong. I just remember they were good to work with and got me what I needed. :-)