desertdog10

Export a quality GIF file

I'm really starting to use Inkscape alot but one thing keeps me going back to AI.  I make decals and once designed, I create a GIF file for viewing on my store.  In AI I can use the "Save for Web" option and it makes a very nice GIF file but Inkscape only seems to export as a PNG which ebay doesn't see.  So I've been forced to export to PNG and then converting to GIF from paint or other program but the result is grainy.  Isn't there any way to modify the export type in Inkscape to a nice GIF or JPG?  Thanks!

-Jeff

Did some quick checking on it, and looks like exporting to formats other than png is on the development list, but pretty far down the line.  So looks like it will be a bit of a wait.

As a side note though...are you sure ebay doesn't support PNG?  That is just wierd.......I thought it was pretty much a web standard at this point.

You can save the file as an eps(which I'm sure you're already doing), import the eps into your cutter program(SBE, Flexi, or whatever you use), and the export or save as to get either a jpg or gif(but I know SBE only allows you to export jpg, not sure about Flexi or other programs such as Sign Cut, etc).