Sign in to follow this  
johnmc

question about thickness of cut

I have not purchased a cutter and looking in to it for a project.  I need to know if the cutter will be able to cut to a depth and not cut through the paper.  yes i said paper.  we are looking at what is called sticky paper where the part you peel off and cut is a wax type paper and what is left is sticky and not cut.  think of what I want to do is an inverse sticker.  now if there is some other type of product that can be used to cut instead of sticky paper we would be interested in that.  so the question is will the us cutter work for this project, smallest blade depth and 50 pressure.

Theoretically this machine would work for that. Without knowing the thickness of the depth you want cut I cannot answer that for sure.

it is a sheet of thicker paper with sticky on it with a slightly thinner wax type paper on top of it that gets cut and pealed off.  I guess now my only concern is how often to change the blades since I will need a good cut that will not tear the wax type paper.

I seem to be one of the only ones here who is cutting paper with theirs on a regular basis as well as vinyl.  I have found that once I cut paper with a blade....the cuts in the vinyl are not as sharp and leave a little to be desired....so I keep 2 blades one for vinyl and one for paper around.

I cut through heavy cardstock for scrapbookers (mother in law and her friends).  I have cut somewhere around 30 12x12 sheets of heavy cardstock and have had no issues with the blade being too dull yet.  I was figuring I would have to replace it quite often, but so far so good.  These are the stock blades too not some of the more expensive clean cut ones I hear some people use. 

As far as cutting depth and such....I have found the machine to be pretty impressive with its adjustability to depth of cut and such.  I have found that adjusting the pressure FIRST is where to go, then if you can't get what you want with pressure, adjust the blade depth just a fraction and start looking at pressure again.  You can get it where you want it if you take the time that is for sure.

Assuming the laserpoint is like the refine blade holder, you take out the blade holder, back off the locking collar, twist it just a bit, put the locking collar back down, back in the holder and voila.

I think all the blade holders are the same . Roland style :thumbsup: