Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyP

Hi, can somebody help with usb install

I recently purchased a used refine cutter ..... it works great in test mode and I have to use it with usb as that is all my labtop uses.          I am having a very difficult time getting the machine to work with signcutx2 with the usb?    Actually I can't get it to communicate at all.................I am new to this and really want to get it going ...................the machine came with a mini disk but I still do not see a driver on it................I am using windows xp...................somebody please help..............thanks

Unplug the USB cable from your laptop. Go to www.uscutter.com, then click on Downloads. Then click on Refine Downloads and pooint at the top selection and click. It should give you the option to run the file right from the page, so run it. Once it is installed click on OK. Then plug the cable back into the cutter. Now you will need to check your device manager under the ports category to find out which COM port the USB installed to, usually 3 or 4, but sometimes higher. Once you find out, you will need to open SignCut, click on Settings, then Cutter. Set manufacturer to Refine, cutter to MH/EH 721 or the 1351 depending on which you have, and then set the device to the correct COM port. Leave the baud rate at 9600, and ignore the message to change it from SignCut.

This should get you going.