Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Custom letter sizes

I believe I'm finally getting the hang of this thing. Just finnishing up my first paid job and looking forward to many more. I do have a question though. I am using Inkscape and Signcut and wondering if there is a way to change the text size by specifying the width and length. Or if you can stretch or elongate the text, or do I have to stay with just the given font size that I choose?

As always, thanks in advance for the help

I know you cant stretch it to whatever size you want. Might try converting it to curves. That's how you do it in CorelDRAW X3...which I recommend buying after you get a few sales.

Once you create the lettering or logo in InkScape, you simply select the image, then swith from px to inch in the drop down menu, and set your size in the width and heigth fields.

I hate to sound stupid here, but what drop down box are you talking about. I set up some text, highlighted it and went to the "Text" drop down box but didn't see anywhere that would allow me to put in the width and height, only the font size.

Once you create your text you need to select it to bring up the size features.

By selecting it do you mean to hylight it like you would to make a change to it?

Nope. You need to use the select tool (the arrow), and once selected you will see black arrows all around the text.