Sign in to follow this  
scuba

cp 2500 cutting haywire

I have a 2500 copam,and I'am trying to cut my first large sign. When I send it to the cutter all look's good but the cutter is going in all different directions. Very new to this!!!! I cut this same logo in a small size just to ok everything,then done the sizing and everything is messed up.

Hi Folks

New to vinyl work,and I 've bought a copam 2500, working on a sign 18in. by 44in. got it split down to one color then sized it small to do a small version to see if it wa ok,cutter worked good then set the size I wanted it to be and the cutter acts like it has a mind of its own??? It just cuts  back and forth pulling vinyl i and out, checked blade no balls of vinyl on blade...... any help would be apprreciated..

Can you please post the file here? We can try to cut it quick. 

Thanks

post your graphic so we/someone can have a look. 9 times out of ten, the problem is the graphic.

bb

i just took a quick look at your graphic. while it looks ok on the surface, it is kinda rough. that is to say; it has lots of excess nodes and the lines and some corners are not very smooth. maybe someone else here can take some time to clean it up for you. i recommend you open the image and zoom in on it. look at the lettering up close. switch between wire frame and solid views. look at it up close in node editor mode. i think your plotter is overloading on the information it is getting from your image. hope this helps.

bb

I zoomed in  on it to see the nodes,now how do I clean it up? and how come it cut a 4x6 without any problem?

I assume you are using USB? Do you have the the option of switching to the serial or parallel? Sometimes stuff like this happens with USB, the connection type doesnt like large jobs.