Sign in to follow this  
twistedgraphix

Newb here some ?s

Hi everyone great forums!

im looking at the 1351 or the copam 2500. is bigger always better? i want to do really big banners and signs down to little window graphics.as for the the 1351 it would feed any size vinyl right? How long do blades usually last? i have been looking at this for a starter kit  http://signsupply.com/Accessories/24in_SignMakers_Starter_kit.asp any good?? what else would be good to start out? thanks everyone for all your help! ;D

Welcome to our forums!

Bigger is not always better, it really depends on your particular applications. The Copam is the best machine we sell, hands down. With the CP-2500 you will be able to cut 2ft tall lettering up to 50-100ft long when you tile your cuts. Either machine will accept smaller materials, a benefit with using friction feed cutters. The blades last awhile depending on the material you cut. Most vinyl will not wear down a blade for a long time. The 3 blades that come with either cutter should last a year or more.

Starter kits looks like all the basics to get started, you might price out the stuff seperately elsewhere and see just how good a deal it is. Other than that, you would just need a computer and the cutter.

It's not the size of ther cutter OR the size of the banner. It is how big and how much text you can apply at one time. I work alone,so I am limited pretty much to the spread of my arms. No point in cutting text or graphics that you can't apply easily.

Personally,The largest single cut I have EVER needed to make was text 28 inches tall. It was a pain in the backside to apply,ended up doing it one letter at a time.

I never,ever,cut an entire banner at once. I usually divide it up into tiles,one line of text at a time.