I am interested in the laserpoint but I have been reading about problems when using it with vista 64 and am wondering if the problem has been fixed yet. I sure am glad I found this forum and have been reading a lot here lately. I am interested in making tshirts and wall word type stuff and the contour cut is a feature I need. Thanks

Mike

If using the USB connection, it is hit or miss. Even Microsoft hardware is hit or miss with 64-bit, and it is their hardware and software!?!?

Use the 9-pin Serial connection with the 64-bit computer, and all should be well.

Use the 9-pin Serial connection with the 64-bit computer, and all should be well.

This is exactly what I am using as we speak. If you dont have a serial card already, you need to make sure that you get one that is compatible with vista 64.

Click on the link for a compatible card, as this is where I got mine from.

Serial Card

I finally got my LaserPoint to work with the usb on my new HP Vista Premium 64 bit computer.  I finally found the right usb drivers on the support page.  Go to Support Center

I have to update my previous post.  The driver does control the cutter through the usb port, however when I restart the computer it fails to start up properly until system repair removes the usb driver.  Don't know why, but it does and it's repeatable.  Looks like I'll be buying a serial port card.

I've got the LaserPoint 24" and a CraftRobo 200. I want to run them on my laptop with Vista 64 Home Premium. Graphtec just sent me drivers they say will let me cut with Vista 64 directly from Corel Draw 12 to X3 with the Craft Robo.

Is it possible to cut directly from Corel Draw with the LaserPoint in either Vista 64(preferably) or XP?