Sign in to follow this  
theragingbuffalo

Illustrator Question

I am using Illustrator CS2.  I am doing a simple logo for a baseball team.  It is a baseball with 2 bats crossed behind it.  I am sure you have seen this image before.  I want the image to cut like the prevew appears, but i cuts the outlines.  The bats cut completely through the baseball.  I hope you can understand what I am trying to explain.  Is there a way to cut what the preview is showing?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe

Are you using Sign Blazer to cut the image?  If so then you need to weld the image so it does not cut through.

Dazzel

Hmmmm, don't know SC, sorry I am of no help :'( I have illy CS4 but I don't think there is away you can merge together and image. Hope someone comes along and proves me wrong  :rolleyes:

Dazzel

can you post your .ai file or eps. I'd like to take a look at it....

You need to weld and punch sections. The tools to do that are under Window > Pathfinder.

Some parts will need to be welded while others need to be punched. Think of it as making the design a one piece mass.

Joe- LOL...I KNEW THAT!  :rolleyes: You demonstrated that in your video for outlining something....OK, now it's sunk in  ;)

Dazzel

It needs to be turned into one compound object in Illy.  Like Joe said above, Pathfinder tools, Select both your bats, click the Add to shape area in the pathfinder toolbar, then click expand.  If you dont have the Pathfinder toolbar up, go to Window and open it.