Sign in to follow this  
jammoresigns

Vibration in cutter

Hey guys,  Finally got my first sign ready, was able to vectorize the bitmap and separate ready to cut .  Decided to try it on paper first and it all went well was able to draw both text and artwork but am a little worried that there is too much vibration coming from the cutter head itself. As it was drawing the black box attached to the blade holder seemed to have excess vibration. It is loud and when you touch the black box it feels like its going to break, or at least not last very long. You can even feel it on the belt.  Should there be this vibration?  Doesnt seem right to me as a mechanic. It even does it with nothing in the holder  I'm afraid to use it this way  Thanks  JIM

Hmmm- I know they are a bit louder than name brand units, but I have neevr seen excessive vibrations when it cuts....so maybe something on the carriage that is loose?

How did the cut turn out? If it is cutting well I say go for it. Your warranty will last you a while so if it breaks we will fix it!

Thanks guys, It seems to be cutting (in pen ) beautifully  For some reason it is not as bad today, I will use it to cut the sign in vinyl tomorrow and let you know  Thanks Jim  PS  I really appreciate this forum and am so glad I bought the cutter from USCutter  I will recommend this store and community to everyone I know in the business.  You are doing it right