hanapi

Working with Artcut

I need a couple pointers.

The only way I can get an image into the work area is by clicking trace image.

After I remove all the different layers and keep the clearest one, I cannot get it to show up when I open the window to cut it.

It does not have the + in the frame.

i noticed that only images with the + in it show up to cut.

How do I solve this ot what do I need to do?

Thanks

Hello, have you tried the file>open or import commands? If you use this be sure to change the "files of type" drop down box to the type of file you are trying to import, or change it to "all files". If you are still having problems with this you might want to try opening it in another cutting program like Signcut to see if you have the same issues. You can also email me a copy of a file and I'll see which programs I can open it with here and email you back with the procedure.

Hi Marcel.

I do get the files open but when I try to cut it it doesn't show up in the window that opens after the cut command.

I know I need to learn the software a bit better and am looking for a way to get it to show up in the window that opens after the cut command.

Mind you if I create my own text, I don't have any problem. It ios just with exisitng graphics. Bitmaps or jpeg.

I have to figure out what I am doing wrong.

It might be best if you can email me a file you are having problems with and I'll try to open it in Artcut, and other programs to see if its a problem with Artcut opening the file or if there is some other setting in Artcut needed to get that file to open.

It might be best if you can email me a file you are having problems with and I'll try to open it in Artcut, and other programs to see if its a problem with Artcut opening the file or if there is some other setting in Artcut needed to get that file to open.

Hi Marcel,

Artcut opens it fine. When I select the graphic and the box around it does not have a " + " in it, it does not show up in the window that opes after you click on the cutter icon. That's all.

I just noticed that if I don't select it in a box it does show up.

I will just continue to play around with artcut untill I figure out all its possibilities..