Sign in to follow this  
jayfil23

advertising/ generating business

what do you guys do to bring in business? for my first couple of months i was rolling pretty nicely by word of mouth without any advertising, but now things are totally slow for me. i use craigslist and make signs about 1 by 2 feet and hang them up on telephone poles but it isnt bringing in much. i know in previous post many of you have said that word of mouth basically gets it done, but what about when you were first getting started or when it is slow? all ideas will be great! thanks guys

Talk to anybody and everybody... tell them what you do. If you have a heat press, make some business/work shirts and wear them everywhere. Get some business cards and hand them out like candy on halloween. Cut yourself/show off your work on your own vehicle, make it simple, to the point, and eye catching. Contact your local churches, schools, boy scouts, girl scouts, little league organizations... and offer your services.

Hello Jay first thing first advertising.......I have ever car i own with either a magnetic sign or with vinyl directly applied to them. My dads truck, my sisters suv, my others sisters car there husbands even have me on there cars......yeah i asked everybody i know if i could place a decal on there car and when and if there ever needed anything i would give them a very good price........Even my neighbors help me out they advertise for me on there cars also just let people know your out there especially your neighbors see i recently moved in to a new area not knowing anybody i just started talking to all that went pass our house walking there dogs and 15 houses down i kid you not one of my neighbors works for this plumbing company that have 10 vans for service and guess who installed there vinyl?YEAH me so just go sell your product and let people know what you do.............. :P  

Like FM said....go out and talk, talk, talk to people.  ANy time you get the opportunity to go somewhere...go with B/C and with intentions of getting business. I am going to a function tonight with my kids at their school, its a reading gathering...I HATE READING, but I will be passing out B/C  :rolleyes:

Dazzel

Also when you notice a new business opening in your area, don't hesitate to go up to them and let them know what you do and leave a business card.

Real Estate offices is another great place to introduce yourself.

I tell people I REALLY like Bikini Girl & have gotten ALOT of work ... :rolleyes:

:) FatDad .. if that doesn't get some Business goin , nutin will  :) ( her personality & wit magnified her looks !!! NMHO , a fact  :P

She has a 15 year old body...shame on you Roger and FD!!!!! :P

Dazzel

Dazel , I could not argue your point looking at that picture . However on the show , when she turned around  U B WRONG !!!  :P . Even the new judge that is almost always nice , had to admit her PUUURFECT attribute ( that judge & Paula had the fangs & claws come out right away because they were intimidated/jealous of Katrina's ( & her name .. WHAT a force to be reckoned with  :) )  looks , confidence & wit . Katrina would do ALOT better in a reality show than Paris HIlton & Nicole Richie did . I know what FD & I will be watching if a show with Katrina comes out  :)

Pretty much the same as the others said here. I was lucky to land 3 major trailer manufacturers so my cutter stays quite busy. I took a 1997 Blazer, Etched the glass and put large graphics on it. I drive it everywhere I go and keep cards in my pocket. Being a small town of 5000 and in the county 45000 and no competition to speak of word of mouth and just talking to everyone I have a chance to cultivates enough work to keep me busy. I do not run ads to me its a waste I prefer going to all the businesses and leave a flyer. You would be surprised at the work one can get :thumbsup: on the larger businesses I want to introduce myself to I do a bit in research prior to going in and make a acid etched glass coffee mug along with my business card and flyer. Its all sales I guess, in my case I keep it informal rather than a sales call. Hope this helps a bit.

The way I advertised is having decals on our jeep with my website URL, also I have this little doohickey I can put business cards in when I am in a crowded parking lot that says take one, it is velcroed and can be removed when not in use, it must work theres none in it when we come out of the store,

post-3939-12986532354964_thumb.jpg

post-3939-12986532355248_thumb.jpg

post-3939-1298653236245_thumb.jpg

post-3939-12986532362588_thumb.jpg

HEY NUTTTSO -

You know EVERYONE will be asking you where you got that BC holder!! :thumbsup:  Love the decal of your Business on the window...so COOL!

Dazzel

I wanted the card holder that real estate agents use but could not find one so I got this thingamabob at the dollar store for holding notes on the frig, and used velcro to hold it on and it can be taken off easy,

and thinks for the comment on my logo wanted a name easy to remember lol,

NutttSo

:thumbsup:;D love the springfield armory one since they are in my backyard

I wanted the card holder that real estate agents use but could not find one so I got this thingamabob at the dollar store for holding notes on the frig, and used velcro to hold it on and it can be taken off easy,

and thinks for the comment on my logo wanted a name easy to remember lol,

NutttSo

Good idea. Wouldn't it be interesting to be "a fly on the wall" to hear the comments about how good?

Yep thats it, but darn thats a high price for it, even if it is a set, I will stay with my thingabob, I got 3 of them for a buck at the dollor store, I seen them here on ebay this is the lowest price I have found

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270287837386&category=20161&_trksid=p3907.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D14%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D54   

here is another one I like it more at the same price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370136997961&category=25338&_trksid=p3907.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D14%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D54

NutttSo

Those are nice & tempting . My 2 cents is I'm sure the card holder would come up missing in action also . If the people can't write the info down & contact me ( many call me while looking at the vehicle's signs including while riding down the road ) , I don't take them serious enough to pursue further . If I find something alot cheaper , I'll put them on my vehicles & post back ( gotta be something ALOT cheaper  :thumbsup: )

lol lol thats why I am staying with my 3 for a dollar thingabobs, but have been useing it now for a year and have not lost one yet, and got lots of work from it.

NutttSo

I'll be looking for those at the Dollar Store  :thumbsup: NICE Dragon , Nutts ( best Beavis & Butthead impersonation "  huh huh I said dragon Nutts huh huh "  ;D

roflmao, I just Love that dragon "S" had it before I had my site name just needed a place to use it, now it's my logo,

NutttSo