Sign in to follow this  
ajgarber70

never done this and im new

hi i just bought a 24" uscutter laser and i should be getting it today and i got to get my racecar lettered up i also bought the vector art to and i have never done anything like this so any suggestions would help because i did buy some nice holographic vinyl and i do not want to mess it up the biggest thing i should make should be my numbers and i would like to say uscutter was verry helpful in my purchase and i hope to talk to you guys thanks garber racing #70

Practice first! Buy a cheap roll of vinyl, and do some test cuts prior to throwing that expensive stuff onto the cutter!

Welcome to the site... be sure to post some pics of the race car when it's finished!

Practice first! Buy a cheap roll of vinyl, and do some test cuts prior to throwing that expensive stuff onto the cutter!

Welcome to the site... be sure to post some pics of the race car when it's finished!

Definitely get some cheaaaap vinyl and practice.  Try opening your vector art in Signblazer or whatever you are using and cutting it out.  Read all the how-tos in this forum on LP's on blade adjustment, vinyl alignment, hookup to your PC, etc. 

Again, SEARCH and READ the tutorials and the forums before posting questions, its more likely to get a response.

ok everyone i got my cutter and it is great but all i can do is cut from signblazer i bought the vector art 3 and cant get it to let me do any thing??? i try to open it up with the adobe reader 8 and it says it cant support it ?? any ideas thanks

You have to import the images into Sign Blazer.

Open Sign Blazer

Put the Mega Art CD into your computer

which the computer reads it, go back to Sign Blazer

go to "file", scroll down to "import" and click once

from there, you just have to find the image you want and open it.

im still having no luck with the vector and im trying to make some #"s for the race car and i was wondering how you do the 2 layers what im trying to do is make the first layer bigger than the top layer by say a half inch thanks again