Sign in to follow this  
TaganCO

reboot, cut, reboot, cut... Ahh!

Ok, so I am pretty new at this but so far I've made a bunch of cuts, imported vectors and all is well...  EXCEPT for when I try and cut from Signblazer.  I am running XP, have a PCUT 630 and I am connected with a USB cable.  My com has stayed the same and none of my settings have changed in Signblazer (I double and triple check this all the time) but if I have been working on my computer for a while and then try to cut something I get an error that there is no connection to the cutter (I don't remember the exact verbage) and when I reboot it cuts fine!  Anyone else out there had this happen?  Help, please!

Ok, so I am pretty new at this but so far I've made a bunch of cuts, imported vectors and all is well...  EXCEPT for when I try and cut from Signblazer.  I am running XP, have a PCUT 630 and I am connected with a USB cable.  My com has stayed the same and none of my settings have changed in Signblazer (I double and triple check this all the time) but if I have been working on my computer for a while and then try to cut something I get an error that there is no connection to the cutter (I don't remember the exact verbage) and when I reboot it cuts fine!  Anyone else out there had this happen?  Help, please!

No  not any problems so far.Do you have enough memory in your pc?I know if you run out of memory some things won't work.

I've got 4 Gigs so I should be fine.  I run photoshop for hours on end with no problems...  Could it be a bad cable?  It's almost like I loose the connection all together and rebooting "finds" it again.

I've got 4 Gigs so I should be fine.  I run photoshop for hours on end with no problems...  Could it be a bad cable?  It's almost like I loose the connection all together and rebooting "finds" it again.

I know nothing about stuff like that,but I would make sure connections are all tight.Maybe someone with more knowledge will drop in and advise you.Sorry you are having problems..

Next time it happens try clicking on the setup and if the settings are correct just click OK and see if it works. Mine went through a spell where I had to do that but now it's fine.

Also make sure you didn't forget to set your cutter online if you manually moved the rollers.

I have the same prblem but mine will also stop cutting in the middle of a cut. I have the MH721 I have asked before and still have not got an answer. Someone please help this is wasting vinyl.

I think its SBE so something is wrong with it.

Can you update SBE.

I have to reboot and cut, reboot and cut.

Some computers lock down the USB communication, for whatever reason- probably a conflict of the USB driver with something else on the computer, so the best resolution is to not use the USB, but use the alternative connection method.

Stuck using only USB? Instead of rebooting the computer, just unplug the USB cable from the cutter to free up the software, reset the cutter, plug the USB cable back in, and try to cut once more.

i am using the serial cable that came with my plotter and a keyspan adapter at the computer end. no troubles.

bb

We have done that and its not the cutter its the software. Once the software stops running the cutter stops. Then you can't click on anything in the software and we have to restart the computer. Thats the only way you can get out of SBE because when the software shuts done you can't so anything in there or save your work.

Howdy,

Just received my own PCut 360 yesterday. I got some other stuff and in that box were several lose pages of instructions, etc. There is a specific note concerning the use of the USB interface and possible problems. It says that the a USB port 'emulates' a serial port. USCutter HIGHLY recommends that the USB connection NOT be used. Use of a hub (multi USB port device) is specifically mentioned. Also mentioned is a possible problems with Windows re-assigning the 'com' port assigned to the USB connection if the cable is unplugged. Don't fully understand USB but I am working to stay away from it for this application.

Hope that this info helps to direct your efforts. I really hate debugging this type of problem.

John

We have done that and its not the cutter its the software. Once the software stops running the cutter stops. Then you can't click on anything in the software and we have to restart the computer. Thats the only way you can get out of SBE because when the software shuts done you can't so anything in there or save your work.

When it locks up, unplug the USB cable from the cutter- which should free up the software, so you do not have to reboot.

I'm having this same type of issue.

I can cut one image, when it's done, I re-origin my vinyl, and load up the next image to cut. It trys to send the info to the plotter, but just sits there. I can't unlock the software, can't end program, unplugging the usb doesn't help. Or resetting the plotter. On option is to reboot the computer.

I would try the other serial ports, but my computer only has USB ports.

Kevin

I can cut one image, when it's done, I re-origin my vinyl, and load up the next image to cut. It trys to send the info to the plotter, but just sits there. I can't unlock the software, can't end program, unplugging the usb doesn't help. Or resetting the plotter. On option is to reboot the computer.

Kevin

Desktop or laptop?

I'm having the same problem.  Desktop using 24" laserpoint with usb.  Will only cut one job, then freezes up software even if unplugging the usb?:thumbsup:?

Kevin

Desktop or laptop?

this has happened to me a couple of times, I HAVE to use usb as my desktop has no serial port and also does not have a slot for one!

I have never had to reboot the computer though, shutting off the cutter and turning it back usually does the trick. My SBE has actually encountered errors and had to close ALOT, sucks when you have alot of stuff ready for cutting only to have to start over again!

Renee

If you replug your USB on the PC in an other slot you MUST re-assign the software (SBE) to the new virtual port.

The ports do not swicth back and forth automaticly in the software cutting programs.

Some cutters now aday only come with USB connection only.

Most current laptop pcs are only comming with USB ports!

Some laptops have PCMCIA or EXPRESS ports which can carry a serial 9 pin card adapter.

You might also have a look in the PC or laptop BIOS and switch off any sleepmode/savemodes or other funky settings for the USB ports.

This is a nightmare for all other USB devices too.

I hope this is step in the rigth drection.

Paco

this has happened to me a couple of times, I HAVE to use usb as my desktop has no serial port and also does not have a slot for one!

I have never had to reboot the computer though, shutting off the cutter and turning it back usually does the trick. My SBE has actually encountered errors and had to close ALOT, sucks when you have alot of stuff ready for cutting only to have to start over again!

Renee

always save your work BEFORE going to the cut screen. that will save you lots of grief.

bb