desertdog10

How do I put registration marks ABOVE my graphic?

I'm trying to do some multi color decals and after watching all the youtube help they all seem to have placed the registrations ABOVE their graphic but I can't seem to get any space above my imported graphic (from illust.). When imported it neatly boxes up the graphic and I can't place the marks above? Do I need more white space while in illustrator, cause I couldn't figure out that either.  Any help appreciated!

That's a very good question. Since I just recently started using signcut, that's one that I would like to know the answer too. Is there a way to enlarge the tile, without enlarging the graphic?

Hey sorry I missed this one. There is a butten Icon on signsut that is a square (Red) that has a cross hatch in it.

All you have to do is click on that and move the curser to the location you want you reg. marks and chick again

you are don't easy as that.!! I make my reg. marks un the page that I can see the full grapich with all the colors.

hope that helps and makes sence

Keith

Thanks, Keith.

I think my problem is not finding the reg marks or placing them, it's when I export an image from Inkscape or Illustrator.  When I do this, the exporting program nicely crops very tightly around my image.  Say I export the text "HELLO", there is no room above the text to put the reg marks without being right on top of the text.  I suppose I could make more white space in the creating application but I would think you could do this in signcut without having to modify the original. I hope this makes more sense.  Thanks for the reply!

-Jeff

Man it would be nice to be in Sunny Arazona right now it is still cold in B.C. Vancouver ;D

Ok so I have a had the same problem mabye some one have more experience than me can help on this on but

I fit my reg marks in top left or top right, or do as you say in the original I leave more space. For the most part

I have been adding my Reg marcks in the design program before sending it to SC.

Sorry to not be more help. I think in a lot of ways Signcut is just a cut program where Flex SB and the other you

can edit also.

Keith

when you go to place your registration marks just click about the box that's around your image it will place the reg. mark there and move the box so it includes your reg. marks hope this helps

I have been trying to make registration marks also but all it does for me is make the tile box bigger where I click I cannot seem to get registration marks to cut let alone be able to see them?  I see others have this problem I still cannot get it to work anyone out here able to help us on this?

In your design make a surrounding box larger as the text.

When send to signcut it will use this box as the outside lines so you have room for putting the reg marks in.

Paco

post-3682-12986534958174_thumb.jpg

post-3682-12986534958865_thumb.jpg

post-3682-12986534969675_thumb.jpg

post-3682-12986534970234_thumb.jpg

Ok I made a surounding box around my graphic then I sent to signcut choice the redistration mark red square with cross hairs and clicked above the graphic with in the box and NOTHING happens they don't show up.

Hey I got it I went into settings and down at the bottom it says reg mark size mine was at 0.00 so I set it to 5.0 and presto I have marks cool.

John,

I just tested it and if you mean the registration mark size in the PLOTTER, ADVANCE SETTINGS it also works at my side with a setting of 0 mm.

But in case it does not work choose a value like John said of 5 mm and try again.

Now you can use for example a font file without a surrounding box. If you use the registraion mark tool and place the registration mark above the boundry it will place the registration mark and enlarge the cutting boundry to include the registration marks.

If you remove the marks it will reduce the boundry in size.

Paco