Sign in to follow this  
rusted customs

Measuring incorrectly

Hello, I have a Copam 4050 48 inch plotter. It has been working great, until now. I am using 15 inch vinyl to pratice on. When I start a job I am positioning the vinyl on the right hand side between the second two florescent thingy's with the pinch rollers. I hit the measure key, then scroll because that's what I'm using. Then it measures. THe problme is that it is measuring wron. A 15 inch vinyl piece is 375mm and my plotter is going from the right edge of the vinyl, past the left edge about three inches or so and stopping. Then telling me a different measurement. When I try to cut four or five stickers (which fit in the 15 inch vinyl) the plotter is cutting the first few on the right fine and then cutting off the vinyl on the left. What am I doing wrong. I would love to talk to someone about this. Thanks for all the help.

I am not quite picturing your problem.  But one thing to consider: the material width is actually measured by the outermost pinch rollers rather than than measuring the material itself.  Are the ouhermost pinch rollers being used on the edges of the vinyl?

Yes the first roller is on the right hand side and the second is is the middle , the thrid one is at the edge of the left sid eof the vinyl. Is there A phone number for uscutter so that I can talk to someone about this? thanks

It is possible that the middle pinch roller has the little silver dot still in it. If so, you can pop the little silver dot out, and it will read to the left side roller. The carriage magnetically detects the little dot on the pinch roller to determine where the end of the vinyl is.

You can call 425-284-2282 or 866-789-2919 for assistance

Hi , i hope it's ok to ask questions similiar to this topic instead of starting a new thread ?

i am getting to understand things alot more , but i can't figure out how to load the vinyl so it cuts starting at the edge instead of inchs in . i have read the Copam manual ( cp-2500 ) & experimented some  , but just am not getting it .

thanks , Rodger Myers

The cutter head will start cutting where it is at unless you manually set the origin elsewhere, so make sure you have the vinyl lined up underneath the cutting head as close to the end as possible.