Aaron636r

Recieved my MH 871 today...

No ground wire.  How important is this that it has one?  This is my first plotter.

Thanks

It could be important. I've never grounded mine but some people had to do so . But it's only a bit of wire...any bit or wire will do. It is nothing special.

Just got mine on Monday...mine didn't have a ground wire either....but you can use about anything to ground it...any piece of wire.

I am in networking so I had lots of cat5 cable lying around, I just used the green pair and did it with that wire.  I'm not sure exactly how important it is to ground the machine...but as simple as it is I don't know why anyone wouldn't do it.  It will literally take you 5 minutes, and any piece of wire going from a screw on the base to a screw on the machine will get the job done.  

Just want to send out an FYI....

Please make sure you ground your machine to the stand.  I didnt and I went to touch the machine and a HUGE shock happen.  Screen went blank and the machine stopped. My heart skipped a beat...maybe a few.

Luckily I unplugged it and pligged it back in and everything is fine...cutting great.  However, I think I got lucky.

GROUND THOSE MACHINES!!!

I just recently got the mh721. It didn't come with a ground cable. But I will make one for it. Is there a certain location that is better to attach to on the cutter?

I just recently got the mh721. It didn't come with a ground cable. But I will make one for it. Is there a certain location that is better to attach to on the cutter?

you can choose the location there has some screw,then  fix the ground wire from there to ground.

haha,by the way , I am a Chinese technical, maybe you dont understand my poor english ,haha. :thumbsup: