Sign in to follow this  
aries58

weeding problem

I have cut a in memory of decal and can't weed the darn thing at all.Can't i just cut the whole darn graphic and just weed the cut graphic??i have to feel te cut to see it.it is cut on white vinyl.What am I doing wrong..

did you do a test cut to make sure you are cutting all the way through the vinyl

It seems to be cutting through but like a number 9 the top partisn't cut to make the circle in the 9?

Aries maybe when you sent the design to the cutter it is placed too close to the edge so it isn't cutting? I know with my Roland on screen it will look like it should cut fine with what I see but when sent to the cutter occasionally it will be too close to the pinch rollers so the cutter will not cut there. Is that what you are seeing? What is the size of the decal you are trying to cut and what is the width of the vinyl? White is the hardest to weed, especially if small details. I believe it was CutMe who suggested to use chalk, (colored & with a brush or sock) to wipe over cut lines and you will see them better to weed. Perhaps if you post what it is you are trying to weed and having problems we can take a look and tell you where the problem is? Maybe it isn't quite clean enough art to cut yet? Did you first take a look in wireframe to make sure it was ready for cutting?

It is cuttin the box around the graphic..I am using a premade in memory of in which i chaged the name and date..I am using white orcal651 with 24 cutter.My graphic size is 8.50x11..The circle in my nine isn't cutting at all inside outside is cut..I am using a dentist pick to weed..It would be a lot simplier to cut the entire graphic decal and then just small weeding to be done..lol...Thanks for reply..

Everything seems to be in order, but where did the "premade" decal come from? Can you see the the center of the 9 in wireframe? Or in your cutter software? There may be something wrong with the file itself.

Everything seems to be in order, but where did the "premade" decal come from? Can you see the the center of the 9 in wireframe? Or in your cutter software? There may be something wrong with the file itself.

Someone made it for me but i replaced the name and date on it..

I am thinking i did the numbers and name wrong for cutting?

I am thinking i did the numbers and name wrong for cutting?

I tried to post a graphic i just cut and weeded but can't load it get error..

Unfortunately, that has been happening lately on the forum. Not sure why. But you were able to get one cut and weeded?

I remember reading a post about making it easier to see the cut lines while weeding . It was using a bit of flour on dark vinyl & seems pepper :thumbsup: on white vinyl ? I'm sure a member with better memory will help ?

I remember reading a post about making it easier to see the cut lines while weeding . It was using a bit of flour on dark vinyl & seems pepper :thumbsup: on white vinyl ? I'm sure a member with better memory will help ?

:thumbsup:

I read in another thread a minute ago , it was blue chalk line chaulk in a sock for white vinyl , white chaulk for dark ( CutMe was original poster )  :thumbsup:

I read in another thread a minute ago , it was blue chalk line chaulk in a sock for white vinyl , white chaulk for dark ( CutMe was original poster )  :)

Under light i can see the cut,but maybe my cutter isn't cutting the full cut.

I have one of those Halogen lights that shines up and reflects off the ceiling. It makes it really easy to see where you are weeding.

can you weed any of the graphic?  or are you just having problems with that part?

Its hard to determine what needs weeding.I', asuming anything that has a cut mark gets weeded

Aries not everything with a cut mark gets weeded. Maybe it would help you to look at the design cut on the computer screen to determine what needs to be pulled out. Think of the design as having positive and negative areas and all the negative gets weeded because you don't need those parts. Some designs I'll pull the outer background off first to make it easier to see the complete design and where to start weeding. Then I'll choose another easily identifiable spot until I have the whole design weeded. White is def the hardest to see.

Aries not everything with a cut mark gets weeded. Maybe it would help you to look at the design cut on the computer screen to determine what needs to be pulled out. Think of the design as having positive and negative areas and all the negative gets weeded because you don't need those parts. Some designs I'll pull the outer background off first to make it easier to see the complete design and where to start weeding. Then I'll choose another easily identifiable spot until I have the whole design weeded. White is def the hardest to see.

;D