Sign in to follow this  
d4d330

First Impressions

I have played with my new PCut for a couple of days now and I must say I am surprised and pleased with it thus far. It cut great right out of the box and the setup wasn't too difficult either. One thing that happened to me is that somehow I changed the com port accidentally and kept getting errors until I checked the com port settings, setting it back to BLAZER.COM3 cured that, and it runs fine on the USB cable. The assembling of the stand was a pain in the butt though as the instructions were for a different (older?) design.

I wish there was a Windows Driver so I could plot directly from my other Windows Apps (like TurboCAD and Word). Oh yeah, I had to slow the cut speed down to 30 to get a steady line when plotting with the supplied pen.

I have a feeling I will be upgrading to a wider model when this one has paid for it's self... :huh:

Terry

2nd Impression, not so good...

The "off loading" extruded metal work support is very poorly designed as there are two points where the vinyl catches, the first is right after the ruler strip, the second is where the wavy part ends. Both are notorious for catching the end of the roll. Whoever designed that part of the cutter really had their head up their behind. I've spent a lot of years in the manufacturing industry and I know bad engineering when I see it. I'm really surprised that this flaw made it into the production phase of the product. I've seen the post regarding placing a piece of tape over the gaps, but that doesn't address the poor design. Because I am doing mostly smaller pieces right now the issue is ever present.

Because a plotter pen came with the cutter I assumed (yes I know...) that I would be able to plot using applications other than SignBlazer. Not so, pen plotting is VERY limited, any art must be vector based and I have not been able to convert any art over to vector without losing so much detail it isn't worth it. Only the simplest of line drawings will look good plotted out. If pen plotting is important to you, than avoid cheap Chinese plotters.

As for cutting text for signs, I have no complaints.  :thumbsup:

I wish there was a Windows Driver so I could plot directly from my other Windows Apps (like TurboCAD and Word). Oh yeah, I had to slow the cut speed down to 30 to get a steady line when plotting with the supplied pen.

I was finally able to get my cutter to work with my CAD program and Word using the GraphTec CE1000-60 Driver. I downloaded it from

http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/software/programs/ops628.htm

I dont know how it will work wit the pcut. I use it on a MH871

any jpg, gif, or other images... you may want to see how they vectorize in a free program called Inkscape, and then import the eps file into SBE when using the pen. You may experience a better quality vectorize, thus drawing a cleaner image for you.

2nd Impression, not so good...

The "off loading" extruded metal work support is very poorly designed as there are two points where the vinyl catches, the first is right after the ruler strip, the second is where the wavy part ends. Both are notorious for catching the end of the roll. Whoever designed that part of the cutter really had their head up their behind. I've spent a lot of years in the manufacturing industry and I know bad engineering when I see it. I'm really surprised that this flaw made it into the production phase of the product. I've seen the post regarding placing a piece of tape over the gaps, but that doesn't address the poor design. Because I am doing mostly smaller pieces right now the issue is ever present.

That gap is actually there because there is a flat bed addition to the machines that mounts on that groove. We just found a huge box of these in our warehouse, they should be going up on the website soon.

UPDATE: The trays I was referring to are now listed on our website, here is a link: http://www.uscutter.com/Flatbed-Tray-for-Creation-PCut-Set-of-2_p_403.html We should be taking pictures of these attached to a machine in the next few days. If anyone has any questions let me know.

I was finally able to get my cutter to work with my CAD program and Word using the GraphTec CE1000-60 Driver. I downloaded it from

http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/software/programs/ops628.htm

I dont know how it will work wit the pcut. I use it on a MH871

Did you use a USB cable or Serial cable? I tried that driver with the USB cable cause my puter doesn't have a serial port) but it didn't work at all...  :huh: