I am trying to come up with a price for a Salon that wants Just thier name and number.  It will be one color.  Is there a round about SF number anyone uses for these?  I saw $9 buck a SF but I think that was just to sell the customer the vinyl, no install.  Is there a vinyl and install number anybody uses? 

If I knew the exact sf you will be using, I can throw a figure out there for you.

If you dont mind me asking what formula do you use to come up with that price (for future reference)?

Daniel, the program I use, calculates cost by letter size and then if you are applying the vinyl and to what substrate or just cutting the letters.

Oh ok.  What program are you using?  Did you come up with the same price that the other guy did?  I think he said $167 and some change. That seems kinda high but then again if I knew I would'nt be asking.  :huh:

On my program it doesn't show X amount if I just input the sf as I was hoping....if you could tell me how many letters and the size, I could give you a quick price.

I'm not always good at quoting prices either.  The program is something we made up on Excel.

Sorry thats the wrong file. ha ha thats another one im doing for free well for a few haircuts.  I dont have the one for the other yet.

Thanks I need to take this file to my computer with SB...oops...ok I'll wait! lol

If you have it in eps I can tell you right from here.

Thanks Daniel.

Jenny

Ok if you did 5"-8" letters installed on glass it did show $204.00

If you did 4"-5" letters installed on glass it did show $136.40

Starting out we charge about 50% less, that also has to do with our location.  But if you have to drive a good distance to install, we do charge a small travel charge.

Just remember the prices given to you here are general prices, you can always vary the price by your location and what your market area is willing to pay.

Ok that sounds a little better.  I was going to charge about 120 for the 4' x 3' sign installed.  We are new and trying to get our name around so we are going to start off a little cheaper.  Thanks for the help!!

You're welcome! 

That's how we started also....charging a little less to have new customers see what we can do....as long as you are still making a profit right now, is what you need.  Once they see your work, you can start slowly raising those prices.

I think you're price is right on!!

I use signcalc from http://www.graphixcalc.com/

It calculates by square foot or by the letter. I prefer to use the square foot pricing because even if you are weeding half of the vinyl away you are still using the same square footage of vinyl to do the job. It also calculates labor costs.

How much does this program cost? Thanks

I use signcalc from http://www.graphixcalc.com/

It calculates by square foot or by the letter. I prefer to use the square foot pricing because even if you are weeding half of the vinyl away you are still using the same square footage of vinyl to do the job. It also calculates labor costs.

How much does this program cost? Thanks

http://www.graphixcalc.com/html/xl.html

$59.00

Thanks! Do any of you know how much microsoft excel runs? It says you have to have this in order to use  graphixcalc and I dont currently have that.