Aaron636r

New guy from California...

First, been reading this forum for about a week.  Just taking it all in.  Seems like a group of great, helpful people. 

Ive never touched a vinyl cutter but have used the services of "sign makers" for a long time.  For some reason got an itch this past week to take it in as a hobby...learn the ropes...maybe make a little money off it.

So, purchased a USCutter MH-871 and purchased Flexi PRO.  Just have one question...whats the first thing one should do to starting learning the "ropes" with this cutter and software.

Appreciate your help in advanced.

Thank you

Aaron

Riverside, CA

TYPE UP SOME TEXT AND CUT IT.THEN START CLICKING ON SOME OF THE ICONS AND MODIFY SOME TEXT.TRY DRAWING YOUR OWN GRAPHICS. SIGNBLAZER IS REAL EASY TO LEARN. I PICKED IT UP IN A COUPLE OF DAYS, AND DIDN'T HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE.

MGomez - Caps means your shouting!

Welcome to USCutter from New Jersey!  :huh::) :)

Start out with simple text then start with harder designs!

First, been reading this forum for about a week.  Just taking it all in.  Seems like a group of great, helpful people. 

Ive never touched a vinyl cutter but have used the services of "sign makers" for a long time.  For some reason got an itch this past week to take it in as a hobby...learn the ropes...maybe make a little money off it.

So, purchased a USCutter MH-871 and purchased Flexi PRO.  Just have one question...whats the first thing one should do to starting learning the "ropes" with this cutter and software.

Appreciate your help in advanced.

Thank you

Aaron

Riverside, CA

welcome from your neighbor in seattle. download the trial version of signblazer. it is fully functional, just has a couple of extra buttons to push when you open it. at very least you can use it to open and convert sbd files. it is the only software that will open them. plus it is easy to learn. and like the others have said play around with text. my sign maker friend accused me of font abuse when i first got my plotter. cheers

bb