Chris H.

Done this * months ago

People told me it wouldnt work when I was asking about. I put oral 651 white on a set of rim for a friend that owns a rim shop.

post-3979-12986530812831_thumb.jpg

post-3979-12986530813186_thumb.jpg

post-3979-12986530813756_thumb.jpg

post-3979-12986530821562_thumb.jpg

post-3979-12986530821844_thumb.jpg

post-3979-1298653082213_thumb.jpg

looks good, just seems like the vinyl would peel from the heat ffrom the brakes, and chemicals from wheel cleaners.

Nice!  I was thinking about doing something similar on my stock civic ex wheels.

Are you going to start selling the vinyl thru the wheel shop or was that just a "see if i can" thing?

azdecals.

I do some here and there for them. Don't warrenty any of it for rims and let them know they hand clean them. Have a set to do when i get home this weekend. They are tring to get me to set up full time down there. Instead of having pre cut stuff down there.

:huh: :thumbsup:looks good i also have a friend that has a rim shop and i did the same for the delivery van about two years ago with 651 oracal black and guess what they are still there.. 1 of the front rim looks a bit bubbling like the heat is lifting it up....but wow 2 years later thats  good i told him i give him two weeks( lol )

Cool stuff.  However, I would go even further than the no warranty and not guarantee the chrome is going to live, as I can almost guarantee it's going to be a goner when the vinyl comes off.  If a few years of heat doesnt thoroughly set the adhesive to the plating and tear it off, the chrome is going to be pitted beyond repair.

Just my .02, based on what I know about chrome.

People told me it wouldnt work when I was asking about. I put oral 651 white on a set of rim for a friend that owns a rim shop.

How did you get the design?

I am guessing here but I am thinking that he either measured it himself or found the rims online and designed on top of them.

Tight!

I am guessing you did this freehand? I would like to try this on my rims but there are too many curves and dimensions...

The guy had a bent rim took it and made pattern. Than scan it to the cut and cut away. Do one this weekend if the weather is good. This is a brand new challeneger. Putting vinyl on some 22 rims.

Thank again for all the reply's. Hopefully I will be doing this full time instead of my share time.

Chris