Sign in to follow this  
repodon

my question

i have a potential customer that asked what would the cost be for the word F O R D to cover the whole trunk of his grown victoria

my question to all how big of the letters should this be i am stumped on the size of each letter

he is wanting a white back ground with the word F O R D  in black now this will be a overlay a 2( collor ) decal correct also what would i need to do this with i know the white and black vinyl but not sure on any thing else

thanks

donald

im not sure humana i know he is wanting it white and black on top i guess you all call it 2 laying white underlay and then the black on top

If his vehicle is white, then I would just cut the black and let the paint of the car be the lettering. If his vehicle is black, then just cut the necessary stuff in white. I would only do a black on white if the color of the vehicle is neither black or white.  :)

Definitely get a second opinion though  :)

i found out his vehicle is a dark blue and he is wanting a white background with black lettering of  the word  F O R D  he is wanting the whole trunk of his car to say f o r d do you know what size lettign this would be  that i need to make each letter to cover the whole trunk

measure the trunk & make your workspace that size . That way you & your customer can decide on font size .

thanks roger but my main question is what size would i need to make each letter

say the trunk is 4ft long by 3 foot wide what size of each letter would i make  in the word F O R D i think i got the size down by multipling then dividing but want to make sure i am doing it correctly from all of you that have more experiance than i do  BUT THANKS YOU ROGER SIR THANK YOU

No problem . It would be alot easier ( especially if wanting to make the letters as big as possible ) by making a workspace 4' X 3' . You can then type in Ford & make it bigger & smaller until you think it looks best . You would send that to the cutter . Letter size & spacing would not need to be calculated .You can stretch the word horizontally & vertically to make it look like your customer likes . Alot of ways to skin the proverbial cat , the easiest way that does it right is what I try to do .

I think you need to find out what font your customer would like to use, or if the want the ford font with the oval, etc. From there you can get the actual dimensions and go from there. I'm guessing that your customer with spaces between each letter?

thanks roger but my main question is what size would i need to make each letter

That's something you need to ask your customer....  Ask for specific measurements - don't just accept "I want it to cover the trunk" as an answer.

correct shadow he is getting me the exact mesaurments  waiting until the snow clears away before he does it as i am in north carolina and it hardly ever snows here

as far as the font goes he is goign to come over after the snow clears away and look at the fonts i have all ready from sign blazer thank you all for helping me thank you so very much

also once i get done if he goes along with the price i will get some body that has a camera and take pictures and put them on the forum thank you all for your help thank you agan donald

omg daaaaaaaa roger thanks i am a clusts i forgot all about the sizing of the letters in sign blazer as it does it automatically smacks self in the forehead

i do applogize roger as i got my hands in to many things right now and am narrowing things down to 2 things only the vinyl and training dogs instead of vinyl ,training dogs, and repoing vehicles ,and enforceing judgments and child support cases,and helping a friend of mine do bail enforcement

SMACKS SELF IN THE HEAD WITH HAMMER SiGN BLAZER DOES IT AUTOMATICALLY SIZING THE LETTERS

GOOD attitude & GOOD sense of humor  :)

If the decal is bigger than what your cutter is capable without tiling , I would tile instead of doing 1 letter at a time . It would be alot harder to align letter by letter . Probably look good to everybody but you & anybody who helped install . IF you don't know what I mean now .. You will in time LOL

Don - If you can, I would stick the pen in the plotter and plot it out so that you guys can get a visual fix on it. It does sound like it might be a one-letter-at-a-time job. Have the app fluid ready  ;D

haumana  sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh your scarign me sssshhhhhhhhhhh  but yea it might be a one letter at a time job but ha if thats what it takes so be it then ive been practicing on my own stuff and messing ti all up and figuring out how to fix it after gone threw so much vinyl costly but yea i figured out to do it with the pen first daaaaaaa thats what the pen is there for dumb a$$ me 

but thanks for all of your help thank you every one

if it is a one lettter at a time job i guess so be it thanks u all

Make sure you take pics now!

no pics = no job  :)    just kidding.

haumana  sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh your scarign me sssshhhhhhhhhhh   but yea it might be a one letter at a time job but ha if thats what it takes so be it then ive been practicing on my own stuff and messing ti all up and figuring out how to fix it after gone threw so much vinyl costly but yea i figured out to do it with the pen first daaaaaaa thats what the pen is there for dumb a$$ me 

but thanks for all of your help thank you every one

if it is a one lettter at a time job i guess so be it thanks u all

I would take 2 maybe 3 sheets printing paper  lay them on top each other for one letter and then get an idea to what size.That will five you an idea on height and width of  each letter..Hope this helps..

well  just a up date the ass hole doesnt want it no more  i reckon he hasnt called back yet and ive left messages after messages for hom to call me back and its been over 2 weeks now  so his lose

Damn, i wanted to see a big piece of white vinyl with black FORD laid on the trunk of a navy blue Crown Vic! 

Nothing says Ladies Man like...well, that.

MW , good 1  :o .  ( The humor is strong in this 1 also ! )  ;)