Queenkutie

drink coaster

I'm new to this and here is my current experiment.  Go easy on me and give me your honest opinions please!  I'm working towards being as good as the rest of you talented folks up here!  :D  Thank you in advance for your help.

PS:  This is a drink coaster.  I only put it on the stand so that you could see it better.

post-3942-12986530754512_thumb.jpg

post-3942-12986530769572_thumb.jpg

Thats really nice! did you put anything on the back side? I think when I do mine I'm going to put those little felt circle things ( like you get for furniture so it doesnt scratch the floor) they have small ones that are sticky, so you can just stick em on!

I like that font you have used

Renee

HA! I knew I had a good idea! thanx for sharing!

by the way, I just noticed you were in Virginia, where exactly are you? I'm in Va too :D

Renee

I like it, I saw that size at Lowes too. Now I wish I would have picked it up :-

My Mom's maiden name was McDaniel....they were from Ky.

Well I am in boonies, out in the sticks! We did live in Hampton for a few years and finally settled here, took me about a year to get used to it and now I wouldnt trade it for anything! I live in a town that boasts one stop light and once you go through that, walmart is straight ahead 36 miles! LOL!! we have 10 acres, a horse, an above ground pool and a party deck that holds 50 people comfortably and on the 4th of july we shoot off fireworks ( yeah I know its illegal) but by the time the county sheriffs get here all is calm and quite...lol. We are about 2 hours south of Va Beach and we have vacationed at Ft Story, awesome place. I've gone to the EMS convention with the local squad as a tag along ( I dont do blood lol) and man its a fun time on the beach!

while I do love country living, i sure do miss the water!

Renee

Renee I'm w you, love the country living but my heart misses the water! As a kid we were always at the lake on a boat. My husband doesn't care for the water at all. I imagine you miss the ocean.

hmm may i ask a new jack question. what kinda vinyl would be the best for items such as these. small , suchs as coasters ,tiles,  What did u use? thanks  :D

Johnh, I am also very new to this.  After a ton of research on this site and others I decided to use Oracal 651 to make this coaster and I did seal it with a spray to protect the vinyl from lifting up.

Thank you everyone for your opinions! :thumbsup: