Sign in to follow this  
hairyconiption

How to do layers

I know there is a small video link i the instructables area but I am wondering if there are any better videos showing how to do layers. I am having a really hard time getting things lined up and am only doing two layers. Simple things like soccer balls and volley balls. Any help along this veign would be great.

Thanks

Hi,

in SignCut-X2 colors has the meaning of layers. It is more intuitve in that way.

Each color will be represented of a color separation button. Those are situated in the color bar at right side of the working area.

As you click such a button only that color weill be seen. If you press the Shift key and another button, that will bee seen as well.

What you see is what will be cut.

If you implement registration marks when all colors are shown, those reg.marks becomes active in all color layers.

The adapted area feature will adapt the cut out area to the shown colors and all active reg.marks will be included in that area as well.

If you do not need all the registration marks in each color layer you may be able to reduce the cut out area by deactivating some of them in that particular layer. Then just point the mouse cursor to the border of the reg.mark and click the right mouse button. The reg.mark becomes dashed and may dissappear from the screen as the cut out area automatically adapts to the remaining active objects and reg.marks.

Let's say that the image on a single color layer is so large that it doesn't fit on the vinyl. Then you have to tile that layer. Thereafter, when you apply the snapping reg.marks to the tile-borders those will just become active in that particular layer because then is not all color layers active.

To learn more about it, read th online manual.

It is quick an simple, just practice a little!

http://www.sc-x2.com/online_manual.html