JoeCamaro

Problems with Signcut and USCutter Plotter

Hi there

I just got a plotter and Installed it. I spent about 5 hours trying to get something cut with it but no luck.

Ok you will say "We told you". I see it coming.

I got this US Cutter Refine MH 721 with SignCut software. The plotter cuts the test square, but I cant cut anything a design. I try to open an EPS I made but I cant, then I wrote something in the program and tried to cut it but nothing happens. I think it is a comunnication problem, but I cant figure it out. I read the (not so good, not so specific) manual and I have done everything but cant get to get it working.

Signcut seems to be such a basic cheapo software (correct me if Im wrong).

Do anyone of you use SignCut? Have you ever had this same problem? How did you fix it? What can possibly be wrong (other than I didnt buy the Roland)

Thank you

Signcut seems to be such a basic cheapo software (correct me if Im wrong).

your right...

But it does work as intended...

I can assist you with your communication issues.

Easiest Way... Try a diffrent cable, you should only have one cable hooked up at a time.  The USB or Serial cable are com ports and the LPT (biggest one) is an LPT.

I prefer not to use the LPT port, and i prefer serial.

heres the setup.

Plug either the USB cable OR the serial cable from your machine to the computer.

Close all programs.

Goto the my computer Icon and right click on it, select properties.

Click the HARDWARE tab.

Click the device manager button.

Scroll down to find ports (com and LPT)

Select the plus sign or double click on it to expand it.

Depending on what you have hooked to your computer, you will see diffrent things.

Chances are, there is only one communication port.  Note the PORT number that is on this line.

Now, Open your sign cut

Goto settings, and cutter...

under device, make sure that this port matches the one that you noted from device manager, if it isnt the same, it wont work.

Now, suppose in here there isnt a number that matches whats in device manager, a sort of easy fix, we can change the port in device manager to match sign cut.

CLOSE out of sign cut, if you leave it open, it may not work, because it needs to refresh the ports on start up.

in device manager where we left off, hopefully you didnt close it cuz i didnt tell you to do that yet, you should be able to just double click on it.

A window opens up, click the tab that says port settings

now click the advanced button.

at the bottom, change the port number to match the one that sign cut was trying to use.

click ok, ok again on this next window...

Now, open sign cut again...

Verify the port is still the same to the one you matched device manager too..

Goto Settings, then cutter, and under device should be the port that you matched it too...

Try to cut... Does it work?

by the way, if it works, you can go ahead and close out of the device manager...

Still doesnt work?  Check all connections, re-start the computer and plotter.

Hopefully now it works, if you need more help, let me know...

Thanx Tater

I will work with that and then I will write back. That is the most elaborated answer I have been given.

Ok thank you Tater I worked it out. It was the simplest of things...One damaged USB Cable. I replaced it and it satrted working. Thank you for your help and support. You are great!