Sign in to follow this  
jmoney

Need help with press

press is one from us cutter on ebay when I do a shirt the vinyl looks pitted what am i doing wrong

Guest sciondrgn

Its possibly it may be to much time or pressure or temp,

What material are you pressing and at what settings?  Time / Temp / Pressure?

This has happened to me once, on this design, it is a chrome, heat press vinyl,, and i reheated it,with a teflon sheet for 5 sec  and it came out unpitted,?

not sure why but glad it worked..

MMM

post-3437-129865301335_thumb.jpg

post-3437-12986530145234_thumb.jpg

I am using easyweed not sure on pressure and setting is at 190 on press I do not have a seperate teflon sheet just the one that was taped to upper platen of press when i got it  :-

i wonder if you are celcuis or farenheight?

can you tell?

i am in farenheight.

and i run 350.

what kind of material are you pressing, if it is like a waffle weave , or somthing texturey,, it will dimple with the material, .

MMM

I am using easyweed not sure on pressure and setting is at 190 on press I do not have a seperate teflon sheet just the one that was taped to upper platen of press when i got it  :-

Easyweed should be pressed at 302F (150C).  If you are pressing at 190C, that is much too hot.

Easyweed should be pressed at 302F (150C), at 10-15 seconds, medium pressure.  I mainly use Easyweed myself, work with two different heat presses (Sunie and Hotronix), and do not have any issues with these settings.  Hope this helps.

I to just bought the same heat press. Im using easyweed vinyl and im going by easyweeds direstions (pressed at 302F (150C), at 10-15 seconds, medium pressure w/ a teflon sheet).  I peel mid-way to cool. I notice the letters are not sticking at the ends or in the middle of a letter....? Any ideas?  ;):D

Maybe the press is not providing consistent heat throughout the platen?  For a good vinyl pressing, you need consistent heat, for the right amount of time, and the correct pressure.  You could use an IR thermometer to check the platen.

As for Siser Easyweed, it is a hot peel product...so make sure you peel it while hot. ;)

Guest JogaShop

anyone know the correct settings when pressing Thermoflex plus?? is it similar to siser can someone give me the numbers like temp, press, time, hot peel, cold peel im having the same problems with the darn thing not sticking

Guest fivestar

I press Thermoflex Plus at 340 with medium pressure for 15-20 seconds and peel hot, they say to peel cold but I have better luck peeling hot.  Also be sure and pre-press the garmet to get out any moisture.

In addition to the IR thermo tip above; give the press plenty of warm up time to stabilize.

Guest JogaShop

AWESOME Guys i will try that tonight Thanks!