Sign in to follow this  
tsmart

custom text patterns ??

hi

i have a set of vectorized fire/flame graphic i would like to add into my text as a pattern, i cant see how to add custom patterns does anyone know, otherwise is there a way of putting the text on this artwork in flexisign somehow getting it transfered into the text?? i cant see much options am i missing any??

With Flexisign open, Press F1 to go to the help file. Search for Masking Objects. The help file is a great resource!

Creating a Mask

1 Select the objects. The topmost object will be used as a mask

2 From the Arrange menu, point to Mask and select Mask.

tsmartgh2.th.jpg

The Mask (tsmart) and the bitmap(flames) that

will be masked

tsmartmaskbr1.th.jpg

The masked image

awesome trick mate very nice explained thanks

i got it to work, but howerver my flames are in vector

once i mask them they become permanently masked thru into tht letters.

how do i ungroup the flames inside the letters and change them around as i want to is this possible? because the way i see it is once you mask it they are permanent?

and the rest of the letter where there's no flames turns plain white. where it used to be back so it mixes in with the flames.

also the excess of the mask is still hanging on to the letters when you do select within how to you get it to automatically trim off the excess around the letters that's unrequired.

thanks again your help would be appreciated.

ok sort of worked it out all i did was export to eps opened it in corel and re export again that cleaned it up

but if theres a way in flexi sign i would like to know so it saves me exporting twice! thanks :huh:

Right click the text...and select "select within" .....use the arrow keys to move the bitmap around and change what is shown in the mask

Jim