Sign in to follow this  
mumbs

What can it Do???

I need some advice/info -- been reading around about cutters and have come across the LaserPoint which sounds like a great machine for the price. However, either I'm missing something or just haven't found it yet, but can the LP 24 be used as a plotter as well? It sounds like a pen is included in the package, so I assume yes, but USCutter's site doesn't have one listed in the contents (or does it?). ALSO, is this machine capable of doing the same things the Craft Robo Pro can do -- die cutting paper, making perf lines, cut-out, etc. OR is it solely for the purpose of vinyl signage? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm just wondering why the Robo Pro is twice as much as this unit, and the only reason I can come up with is that it can't do all the things the Craft Robo can do. Can someone prove me wrong, cause I'd really like to get one, save me a ton of money, AND do all these different project related jobs in addition to vinyl signs.

THanks

mumbs

Yes the lp24 comes with a plotter pen.  Yes the cutter can do Contour decals with the software that comes with it.  As for perferated lines that I do not know for sure.  I have never heard of that but it would be cool if it could.  I will have to see if I can find that out.  Here are some  decals that I used the contour cut feature with the signblazer software that comes with it.  I love my lp24 and would recommend it to anyone.  The best thing about this over the robocraft is you can cut vinyl up to 24 inches wide if you ever need to in the future.

Hope this helps you out.  George

DSC_9188.jpg

there are times that perforation does occur on the vinyl, but it's usually not desired.

As far as cutting things other than vinyl, it depends what you're trying to cut, and what kind of backing it has. Because the media scroll, if you're trying to cut paper or something that does not have an adhesive, you will need some kind of light adhesive backing to place your media on. If you don't then your media will most likely lift and will get caught in the blade and/or carriage as it's sliding back and forth.

Like Piston said, the LP ships with a pen for plotting, but others have managed to get sharpie pens in there for plotting as well. If you're looking for something to do more scrap booking stuff with then I would probably stick with a craft robo or a cricut.