20squared

Cutter randomly will not receive signal from computer

Hey guys-

We have been using our MH721 flawlessly for the most part for the past 2 weeks now.  As of recently, we have been running into problems with either the computer not sending signal to the cutter and/or the cutter not receiving signal from the computer.

We have been able to isolate the problem to whenever we do a vinyl paper change, it for some reason acts up.  From what we have been able to find, if we reboot the computer and pull the power cable out of the cutter, it will work again, but that can become a hassle if we are changing vinyl rolls on a regular basis.  Is there some sort of sensor in the cutter that detects that there was no vinyl in there at one point and refuses to cut?

I thought that it had something to do with the baud rate. I switched it to 4800 as recommended in the manual, but that only made things worse and would not cut AT ALL.

We are using the follow:

Windows Vista 32-bit

USB cable (set to 9600 baud rate)

Sign Cut X2-PE

Any/all help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

well, if you are just changing the baud rate on your machine, it wont work...

change it in device manager and your cutting software.

You didnt mention what type of setup you have to your machine, check the cables, make sure they are tight...

I do not think it has something to do with the baud rate. If it worked initially at 9600, then I would leave it at 9600, because anytime you power cycle the cutter, it defaults to 9600. Ignore the message in SignCut that says to use 4800.

I have seen where the USB cable has caused this before. Maybe try another cable. There is no sensor that reads if material is loaded or not.

You could also try a higher COM port in case there is a conflict with the COM port that the USB installed to. Just go to the device manager and change the COM port number to 6 or something higher.