LLCE

HELP!!!! Looking for Substrate Advice

Here is the dilemma:

1100 signs 16"x50"  Yellow reflective backing with non-reflective black lettering which reads OVERSIZED LOAD.

Question is, what type of substrate should I use being these will be subjected to the outside elements.

Also, I'm guessing there is no substrate that you can get that is yellow and reflective so I would probably be applying reflective vinyl to the substrate and then putting the letters on.

I will probably use Oracle 651 series for the black lettering.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rich

I sell a lot of those and I use banners.That seems to be what people want. You may already have done this,but check your state laws about requirements. Some states even regulate the size of the text,including the letter stoke size. It would be hard for me to get 'Oversize load' on a sign that size with the right stroke size. And some states require at least 60" width.

I don't know of anyone that has reflecive banner material.but I suppose anything is possible.It won't be cheap,though.

I use signs like that all the time . I would like to buy some of those on hinged aluminum ( most state laws won't allow them displayed if not moving an oversized load .  .. $75 fine in MD ) I have bought banners that are made of mesh that allows some air to pass thru . www.awdirect.com  ( under safety ) is the best & also the cheapest I've found so-far in case you want to compare & improve . I like the reflective yellow & think reflective black letters would be another great option . Let me know what you want for your banners/signs or if you buy alot of blank hinged aluminum & don't want the minimum amount . Also a heads up as JOhn said  . a friend got a $500 fine in Pa because the permit said to have " oversize load " & he had  " wideload " . Md says to have 8" letters & WV says to have 10" letters .

Rodger