sayitanywhere

Overlapping text/fonts

I have some fonts where the letters overlap each other, and with signcut it cuts the letters into each other.  How can I stop this?  I would like the letters to stay connected, and not overlap and double cut into each other.  I attached an example.  It's in signcut format.  THANKS!

post-786-12986512582066_thumb.jpg

post-786-12986512594979_thumb.jpg

Guest fivestar

Convert text to curves then weld 'em together.

Guest fivestar

I'm sorry I never used either one of them, but you should be able to click on the text then go top and look for text click on that then either convert to curves or convert to outlines.

After you convert it to either curves or outlines then click back onto each letter and then "weld", which I don't know where it is in signcut.

I'm sure someone else will be able to point you in the right direction.  Sorry I couldn't be more help but that's what you need to look for.

I too am having huge problems with overlapping letters.  I am using Adobe Illustrator to design the graphic.  I have the text converted to outlines, but am not familiar with "Converting to curves and welding the letters together".  Is there any way that I can get you to elaborate on that and/or explain how one would accomplish that.

What I am doing is, creating 1 text to be cut out of vinyl and them I am going to lay another layer of text/vinyl over top of it to give it the effect that it is outlined.

In Illustrator I have added offset stroke to the background text, which is what makes the text overlap each other.  I took a screenshot of the eps file loaded into Signcut below.

back.jpg

See how the text overlaps?  Well, the cutter is going to cut those overlaps and severely mess up the entire purpose of the background.

Here is what the graphic will look like when done, if I can get it to work properly.  The white letters (vinyl) will be stuck overtop of the black letters (vinyl)

website.jpg

Any and all help is much appreciated!

well... heres sort of a fix...  save the image as a hi-resolution jpg, then re=import it thru inkscape and trace it and then export as eps, should work., maybe... yeah, it should