Sign in to follow this  
toofastdave

My files shut Signcut down

Hello,

Strange problem I am having...My cutter will cut the example files... like the Latex "fish" example...but any file that I export from Corel X3 shuts the program down hard...  I've tried two different files with no luck.  I exported them as .ai files first, then after reading the forum exported them as .eps files but neither version will print from Signcut.  The program just closes.

Any ideas?

Are you using the application launcher (missle in upper right side) in Corel or are you using the export freature from the menu?

I save my Corel projects in CDR format and then reimport them for cutting later into Corel before launching them to SignCut PE. While I have never attempted to use Export from Corel, I see AI as the default format so I can't help but think that's the format my launching uses with success. I did attemp to run a DFX file this way yesterday thru Corel with problems developing in SignCut. I wasn't sure at that time if it was a file format issue or connectivity problems with SignCut. Maybe this will offer you additional insight to your problem.

I tried the application launcher today after reading some other posts in the Signcut forum...  I didn't try to save it as CDR and reimport it though..although I tried to export it as everything under the sun before I gave up and called USCutter..and of course the tech was out so I have to wait for a call back.  The examples cut like a champ but nothing I try to send of my own design will work and the program shuts down a few seconds after I try sending the file to the machine.

I will say that my files were originally DXF files because I import them into AutoCAD to clean up the lines after tracing them in Corel... I don't really like to draw in Corel unless I absolutely have to.

I have a few designs given to me in DFX (a format that I don't have an understanding of yet) that refuse to cut properly when I launch them from Corel. The cutter appears to make short cuts between nodes as opposed to a long continuous smooth cut. It takes forever and leaves a micro sawtooth edge on the cut. I wonder if the DFX format isn't giving us both fits. Perhaps someone reading this can offer insight as to what's happening and how to correct this?

I am still having no luck with existing files that were drawn in AutoCAD...  I did finally get one file to cut that I traced in Inkscape and used SignCut to cut it.  I'm getting pretty burned out trying to get this thing to work...there has to be an easier way.  Also, called USCutter today again and their tech is in the hospital...I called on Monday and he never got back to me...Guess that's why.

Anyway, too bad this machine isn't as easy to ooperate as my laser....maybe I should just stick to lasers.  :D

I am really not sure about the CAD files you are bringing over from Corel. Could you email me copies of the fles and I will investigate?  kenimes@uscutter.com

I will be back in the office tomorrow and on Saturday as well.