Sign in to follow this  
buddy

Magnetic Canvas

Hi guys -

I have a question. I bought this stuff from www.darice.com it's the 9x12 Magnet Canvas however it doesn't say the count on it 20mil or 30mil or whatever, has anyone ever purchased from the before.  I bouth only a small amount because I wanted to test what I am doing first before I buy a whole roll.  AND, do you just feed the magnet roll into your cutter like Vinyl and it will cut how you want it to cut?  I have NEVER used the stuf before so sorry if these are all dumb questions :thumbsup:  Can someone take me through the process of doing something like this on a magnet for a car!

Dazzel

post-3647-12986529270457_thumb.jpg

post-3647-12986529297893_thumb.jpg

Dazzle, Ive never used that company so cant help you with that part. If your making a sign for a car door then just cut the sheeting with a razor, it cuts really easy. I don't have a contour cutter so I don't know if you can put it in your machine if contour cutting is what your talking about. go to Walmart and in the craft section they sell a corner rounder for scrap booking. Use that to round your corners works great and cost about $2.00 i think.

Guest fivestar

Dazzel I have purchased from them before but not for vinyl.....they are a craft wholesaler.......gimmie the item number and I will check it out and see if I can help you.

Thanks FF...I have seen those round corner cutters. Are you saying to put the Vinyl on top of the sheet and then cut around the logo on top of the magnet sheet?

Five....#1195-02  Thanks so much

Dazzel

Are you trying to cut a shape out of the magnetic sheeting? most of the magnetic signs on cars just use a rectangle shape . choose your size then trim the sheeting with a razor knife and clip the corners off. then layout your vinyl on the sheeting. I have never done a shape other than that or never cut it in a cutter.

OK ff....that sounds do-able.  Thank you I was stressin' BIG TIME on how to do it.

You know...you all have tought me a whole new THING in life...REALLY, THANK YOU and bless you all for my Season is changing this year ;D

Dazzel

Guest fivestar

Well I guess they don't tell you squat about them.  I'd definitely say they're not 30mil though.

Yea Five, I saw Levi today and even he went on their site and couldn't find anything pertaining to details. I am just going to buckel down and get a roll for I know I will be doing a lot of these and will put it to good use, I guess I just wanted to test something small first. Like you say FIve, practice, practice, practice and I have already learned so much.  Thanks for your help Five!

Dazzel

P.S.  Met Ken today too, what a nice guy...Like I said before though, they conficated my camera :'( ;D LOL  The whole crew was so helpful AND...AND...AND tolerant FOR SURE...had my three wee ones with me (school delay due to snow) and they were running rampid throughtout the wharehouse driving everyone bananas including me so I quickly got my GEAR and evacuated the premesis before they threw us out! :P

USCUTTER YOU GUYS ROCK!

P.S.S. Sorry for the Monsters :-