Sign in to follow this  
CADILLAC MAC

why wont my plottter cut my designs?

hello, new to the board, i just bought a plotter mh871 (thats what it says on the front) and i finally got it to work though signblazer, but when i copy and paste from microsoft digital image or corel paintshop pro, it says it wont cut because it contains bitmap.....what do i need to do to cut my designs, any software suggestions or anything please help!!!

Guest fivestar

You've got to convert the bitmap to a vector image.

the designs are saved as jpeg, but they do have logos that i get off google that might be bitmap, but if i save as jpeg wont that get rid og bitmap? (i know im an idiot)

Yes, import you image into signblazer and then make sure you click on the image to put the box around it

Guest fivestar

Cadillac Mac, I would google vector and raster images and read up on them.  All cutters require files to be vector images to be able to cut them. 

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!!! NOW MY ONLY PROBLEM IS, THE VINYL WONT STAY STRAIGHT ON THE PLOTTER.....IM USING 24" VINYL ON A 34" PLOTTER, AND IT GOES CROOKED FOR SUM REASON, ANY ADVICE THERE?

Make sure it is loaded as straight as possible....maybe run it through a few times without cutting, to check for drift. also make sure you are locking down the pinch rollers over the grip part of the feed rollers underneath the material.