Sign in to follow this  
Tony_Whittier

Website

you need to go someplace like godaddy and go ahead and register a domain name. They have simpletemplates where you can build your own...but can always get someone to design and upload a better one later.

Hey friend, the best thing I can tell you to do is find someone willing to barter.  Check out college forums and craigslist or actual barter sites.  Do some sign work for them and have them build you a great site.  Everyone wins.  That is the great thing about being in the service industry.  It will look much better and more professional in the end.

the most important thing is to get the domain name that you want,if it's available. You don't want to end up with .net or .org or something.....com is what you want.Once you do that, you can take your time with the rest. I own every variation of my domain name that there is, just so nobody else can get it.

I agree with registering your domain name first!  There are a number of free websites you can use to get started.

Alot depends on how much money you have now to build one....some of the free ones can turn out pretty professional, or atleast a really good start until you can 'upgrade'.

Jenny

http://www.synthasite.com/    this is one of the freebies that come to mind.

Hey friend, the best thing I can tell you to do is find someone willing to barter.  Check out college forums and craigslist or actual barter sites.  Do some sign work for them and have them build you a great site.  Everyone wins.  That is the great thing about being in the service industry.  It will look much better and more professional in the end.

I think this is a great idea. I also agree with John, while you are scouting out a good deal on some design work get started on one yourself. I am assuming you already do a fair amount of graphical design work since you are in the sign industry so it shouldn't be too much of a leap to start designing a pretty basic website with a template.

What I would do is start setting up a site for myself while I scout around on craigslist for web designers who are willing to work for a few hundred bucks and make some sort of barter deal. Nearly everyone needs a decal for a toy or some other sort of vinyl/sign work done. Best of luck.

Guest fivestar

FBR......You're way too cheap on your racecar graphics if you ask me.

FBR......You're way too cheap on your racecar graphics if you ask me.

I just took a MAJOR competitors prices and dropped it by $25 bucks

and thats not me installing them

Guest fivestar

I see......I just know I charge more then that.  :huh:

thats also strictly lettering and #s..no graphics

if i can make $50-100 per car sitting on my butt

i will take it. what would you charge?

David