vytype

CLIP ART FILES

guys hope you can help me with an annoying problem that has been recently plagueing my puter.

seems everytime i download anything lately,pics,clipart,cd's,pics from my digi cam.i not only get the file i want but i also get a PVW file for that file.that is taking up extra space,and is time consuming because i have to go through and delte all of them.when i do nothing happens to the original file.i just delete the pvw files.

this does suck as i'm sure you all will agree.i cant possibly be the only guy that has had this problem.

can some body help me out?

Are you downloading them in .zip file.  Sometimes they add the extra files in the zips.  I have also seen some programs that automatically create a backup file.  My embroidery software does this just incase the original become corrupted.  Some programs you can turn this on or off.  Hope this helps.

George

If you are using signblazer, thats what is causing your issue, when you are in the import screen and you see the preview of the file youre opening, it creates the .pvw file which in short stands for preview. There is one final update that you can download and install that fixes the issue, here is the link to the download. The setup screen looks just like the Signblazer install, but it is just installing the update.

UPDATE 6.0.24

http://signblazer.net/signblazer/updates/uscutter/setup_250208.exe

I would like to know this also.

I use the PVW files - nice to see what the image is instead of just the box with the filename in it whan I am looking for a graphic.

One topic suggested clicking on the no preview checkbox which shows up in the open file dialog box as well as the save dialog box.  I don't know if this prevents them from even being generated or just doesn't allow the previews to show up

-mike

I would like to know this also.

I use the PVW files - nice to see what the image is instead of just the box with the filename in it whan I am looking for a graphic.

One topic suggested clicking on the no preview checkbox which shows up in the open file dialog box as well as the save dialog box.  I don't know if this prevents them from even being generated or just doesn't allow the previews to show up

-mike

If you want previews in the SignBlazer open or import screens then you will need to leave that box checked which means that .PVW files will be generated. If you do not want those files generated then you will need to sacrifice the preview utility as you cannot have one without the other. Hope this helped.

Thanks Levi!  I thought that was the case, but the talk of an upgrade that solved the problem had me wondering if it was possible to have the previews generated on the fly and then automatically deleted and not left cluttering the folder afterwards - I'm happy to have the previews and clean up when the clutter gets too overpowering.

-Mike