Sign in to follow this  
bjbk

Rounded edges ?

hello again, rounded edges are my biggest problem , my machine will not cut a sharp corner i've tried all kinds of different settings;just not the right ones  :'(  i am using the Creation PCUT 24'' . it does it on all types of cuts letters pictures and even squares everything comes out with rounded edges thanks, Brian

What is your blade offset set to? You can find it in the cutter window setup panel.

o snap, i'll check that out when i get home sorry , i had to work today should have been more prepaired

sorry for the slow response , my settings say ; press = 100, test = 255, repeat = 001, and cut speed = 020

Hi , Jay's question was .. " What is your blade offset set to ? "    :-[

ok found it , it is set to 0.00 , i'm very very new to this thanks for the help, the blade i am using is the one that came with the cutter

ok found it , it is set to 0.00 , i'm very very new to this thanks for the help, the blade i am using is the one that came with the cutter

Try changing it to .24

thanks jay , im getting there slowly , made the remote skins they look good just hard to put on lol

thanks jay , im getting there slowly , made the remote skins they look good just hard to put on lol

I made and Aerosmith decal for my guitar hero face plate. It wasn't too bad.

hello jay, set it to .24 and they're still rounded , should i go up or down on the number ? what does that set so that i can understand it better . thanks again

Did changing the offset help the corners at all? If there was no change then that is probably not the problem. You need to make sure that there is no back and forth movement of your blade when it is secured in your blade holder. You also need to check to make sure your carriage arm isn't loose. You can do this by wiggling it back and forth. There will be a little movement, but there shouldn't be much.

thanks , the carriage arm is a lil loose but it seemed normal to me where do i tightin it , my blade holder was in the front hole and it didn't wanna go in the back one i had to force it in

That is probably your problem right there. When you are cutting you need to have your blade holder in the back position. It is a tight fit but that is where it should be.

Here is a good explanation of how to adjust offset:

Look at the corners of the square. If the corners are rounded, the value is too low, increase the OFFSET value. If the corners are spiked, the value is too high, decrease the OFFSET value.

post-1657-12986529142883_thumb.jpg

A picture is truly worth a thousand (or at least several-hundred if you're concise) words!

Thanks for clarifying!!

Those of us who are somewhat new to this can use all the help we can get in getting up to speed on the jargon and techniques.  :thumbsup: