Sign in to follow this  
jerryj21

RC Car Graphics

I am a total rookie. I bought the Pcut to do graphics and numbers on my RC Race cars. Hopefully I can make a few extra bucks on the side. Which vinyl is the best for this application? I know there has to be some people out there who use there cutters for RC cars. Thanx!

I have never done vinyl on RC Cars...but I wanted to welcome you to the forum!!

I'm sure those that have more experience with that can help you out!

I am a total rookie. I bought the Pcut to do graphics and numbers on my RC Race cars. Hopefully I can make a few extra bucks on the side. Which vinyl is the best for this application? I know there has to be some people out there who use there cutters for RC cars. Thanx!

Browse through the Show Your Work category, and you will see several RC cars that our customers have done. Mostly airbrushing, and all of them are amazing jobs.

i have rc cars and have found that almost any vinyl will stick to them the thinner material works better for going around curves

Welcome Jerry!

I mainly use vinyl for masks, but lately i have been lazy about painting and been using vinyl for my cars instead.  As soon as i take the pix, ill post.  For now, Here are some of the stuff i have done using vinyl masks on my cars....

jroberts2.jpg

pattheli.jpg

width=600 height=600http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/images/Gallery_Pictures/Car%20Pictures/hotwheelsmodena.jpg[/img]

fiorella.jpg

buggy2.jpg

Anyway, if you have any questions...just PM me.

not trying to hijack the thread or be mean but is there a reason the lettering on the drivers side of the car is backwards

Hi Jerry,

I started also doing modelcar decals since March 2008 (preprinted by a professional print shop and then scissors cut) due to some requests from other drivers. Since then things progressed to being busy every evening with various designs.

Started by making wheeldecals and wings at first but currently transmitters, chargers, setup boards or what ever people think they are in need for as a decal is done.

But still all is scissor cut due to lack of the print shop not being able to contour cut.

Decals are printed in 720 dpi and then laminated.

Decals can be used with hairdryer to shape to round contours where needed.

Started off in Corel X4 vector only and currently also add some designs in Photoshop.

My main webpage for 1:8 scale off-road only can be found here at www.twf8.ws and decal website can be found at www.customracingdecal.com

Various other designs can be found here.

I am very curious if the Laser pointer machine is capable to contour cut with reasonable accuracy. A2 size is the largest I need to cut. I already posted in the general section about converting a non laser pointer machine to laser pointer by DIYS method. So let me know the results if you like to share it and used it.

If you have any question let me know too.

From the other side of the ocean,

Regards, Paco Raap

not trying to hijack the thread or be mean but is there a reason the lettering on the drivers side of the car is backwards

It is called "Drift Style" graphics, meaning on one side it is the right way and to keep things symmetric, the other side is mirrored.

Anyway, if you have any questions...just PM me.

Ahhh but then how will everyone else learn?  :thumbsup:

Wow The response has been awesome. I can see I have lots to learn! OUTRAGEOUS work Charlie B!!! I run nitro cars, does the fuel have any adverse affect on the vinyl?

I made a few simple numbers for my racing buds and they were most appreciative. We run 1/8 scale dirt oval. No one makes any numbers sized to these bodies unless you have them custom made. That is one reason I bought the machine.